I live with Garfield...

yarra

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
So!

I made a lasagna the other night. My husband was SOOO thrilled. It turned out perfectly and that is a rarity around here. lol

He loved it SO much that he went back for seconds. This is when I heard "WHAT THE ...expletive.... ....expletive.... KRISTIN!! Why didn't you cover the lasagna!!" (Mind you, HE was the last to take a piece from the pan, not me)

While all this yelling was going on, I hear the tinkly of a kitteh bell then see a bright orange ball of fur RUNNNN from the kitchen.

EVIDENTLY, our little Mia, the stray we took in who had the 7 kittens we are now fostering...Likes Lasagna.

SOOO much so that when Jordan walked into the kitchen, she was STANDING ON IT, not just in the pan but ON THE LASAGNA, eating it. LOL

He was SOO mad!! I was more concerend that she would get sick, he just was mad because he wanted another piece. I told him he should eat it anyway. LOL

OH it was so funny. Thought you guys would find the humor as I did. I wish I had taken a picture!

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Who was it that had the BBQ sauce covered cat? (wasn't it Nikki?)

Lesson: always cover your food when there's free roaming pets in the house. Hopefully your husband has learned this.

My cats are allowed to go wherever they want provided they stay out of our food. While they're very good about minding this rule, I still won't trust them.

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, it wasn't Butzie that went after the food, but Whitey Ford (below) once tried to take a bath in a pot that I had cooked spaghetti sauce in that was soaking in the sink (the birds fly free).

What a sight! Picture those pretty white feathers being red!
Gotta give Whitey Ford credit, though. Two hours later, he had cleaned himself right up. So, I guess spaghetti sauce doesn't give budgies a tummy ache as well.

deedeemay

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I will never forget the evening my mum and I found our RB kitten Smudge in the bin, she was in there flat on her back looking up at us, covered in spaghetti bolonaise licking her chops!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

yarra

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gemlady

Garfield also like sitting in scrambled eggs to warm his toes.
LOL

I would NOT put this past her!! I did not know that about Garfield, that is HILARIOUS! I should pick up a book and read. It's been such a long time.

Moma (aka Mia) eats EVERYTHING!!!

I dropped a Dorito on the floor, before I could reach down and get it...

NOM NOM NOM!!

I was eating raw sugar snap peas one night, she was getting nosy, I said, "OK, here, try this!"

NOM NOM NOM!! More please!

She goes NUTS when I buy fried chicken. She will eat french fries.

I DO NOT FEED HER THESE THINGS REGULARLY! Usually, it's because she is getting nosy and I am eating something I know doesn't contain something that will hurt her, and I try just to see.

She will not eat carrots. I did try that one last night. lol

I didn't like that she ate the dorito. I am sure they had onion or garlic powder in them. I just wasn't quick enough. But she loves fritos.

Her MAIN diet consists of SD kitten, wet and dry. Plus Evo dry. Maybe because she was thrown out of her old home and had to find for herself and 3 of her babies from her first litter that she will eat anything...

It kind of makes me sad.

Oh well. She is SO sweet. I wish we could keep her. I will have to warn her new family though!

naia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Mia wanted to give you some of her hairs as topping to the lasagna. :p

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i wish you has some pics also lol that would be funny.

gee, i gave my cut some left over steak, and all they did was sniff it, and give me that famous cat look of , what you expect me to eat that

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

i wish you has some pics also lol that would be funny.

gee, i gave my cut some left over steak, and all they did was sniff it, and give me that famous cat look of , what you expect me to eat that
That's Butzie! She smells but she doesn't eat people food. Turns up that nose at the best steak you can buy.

The only exception is tuna fish. Heck, the other day we had fresh oysters! She sniffed and walked away. Thank goodness because DH and I had other plans.

fastnoc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i have to say, if it'd been a dog standing on it. I'd probably have eaten it anyway. But Cats dig in that litter box so bad and it's VERY common to have poop and litter between the toes, I couldn't do it.

Originally Posted by DeeDeeMay

I will never forget the evening my mum and I found our RB kitten Smudge in the bin, she was in there flat on her back looking up at us, covered in spaghetti bolonaise licking her chops!
That is a very sweet picture i have in my head. I can just see her burping and farting in complete bliss