I hate not having a voice.

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been coughing since last friday, and now I've finally lost my voice. I can't remember the last time I lost my voice. It's really hard because as a intern counselor my voice is important. I'm trying very hard to rest my voice so that maybe by the Thursday when I have individual clients I will be able to talk.

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I totally understand!! I had to be off work for 2 days because I couldn't talk. And in my line of work, my voice IS my job! I talk all day! for your voice!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the vibes. Right now I'm thinking I should visit a DR., but the problem is if I have to be that's bad. We have 3 weeks of plant shut down at the holidays this year, so I don't have enough PTO to be off now & then. Also, my throat is killing me from coughing. It wouldn't be so bad if it weren't a dry hacking cough.

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you have some tea, fix a cup and put honey in it instead of sugar (unless you're allergic to something like honey). if you have lemon tea, that's even better. Lemon tea with honey got me through a few bouts of Laryngitis... and don't try to speak as much as possible... if you can help it. have a notepad and pen with you all the time... just rest your voice... don't even whisper... that's still using your vocal chords.

Feel better soon!
Amanda

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by RubSluts'Mommy

If you have some tea, fix a cup and put honey in it instead of sugar (unless you're allergic to something like honey). if you have lemon tea, that's even better. Lemon tea with honey got me through a few bouts of Laryngitis... and don't try to speak as much as possible... if you can help it. have a notepad and pen with you all the time... just rest your voice... don't even whisper... that's still using your vocal chords.

Feel better soon!
Amanda
Thanks. It is so hard not to talk at all. People at work keep calling me even though they know I can't talk. I thought my voice was getting a little better last night after a nice long bath, but this morning it was even worse. All I can do is whisper. I have two individual clients tomorrow night. I think it might be a good night to experament a little with the use of art. I just have to figure out what I want them to draw or paint.

By the way I only use honey in Tea. I don't like the taste of Tea with sugar.