TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › OMG Ariel is SO cute!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

OMG Ariel is SO cute!

post #1 of 10
Thread Starter 
I just have to share something that Ariel started doing just yesterday evening.

Ariel doesn't object to being carried, so I reach down to pick her up quite often (when going up/down the stairs, moving to another room etc). I think she loves the little shoulder rides she gets whenever I pick her up.

So last evening, I reached down to pick her up again (the position of my hands is about the same position you would use to pick up a baby). This time, when she saw me reaching down, she stood up on her hind legs and stretched her front paws toward my hands just like a baby would ask to be carried!

This morning I tried again. She performed a variation - standing on her hindlegs and placing both forepaws on my wrist. Awwww.... What a clever little sweetie Ariel is

I have good news on the adoption front. A nice young lady came to visit her yesterday. She's got experience living with cats her whole life, and didn't mind that Ariel has a biting habit (which I am trying very hard to wean her off). She's gotta discuss things with her partner before getting back to me, so I'm keeping my fingers, toes and eyes crossed.
post #2 of 10
Aww I could only see it in my head. =)
What an adorable scene!!
post #3 of 10
My first kitty Sydney used to do that! Awwwww....isn't it adorable!

It melts my heart every time. I miss him so much.
post #4 of 10
What a cutie pie she seems. I hope it works out she gets her own home. My 14-year old, 20+ pounder (Chandler Ray) will do the same thing, and yes, I do carry him around on my hip like a baby (probably his size).
post #5 of 10
Oliver (my bipolar kitty from back with my parents) does this, and he will wrap his arms around your neck and give you a hug. It's why I picked him in the shelter lol only later did I find out a sick kitty has a very different personality when they are better
post #6 of 10
Just as I was reading this, Lucy came in and reached up to me for me to pick her up. It is a very special feeling. Now the cold nose in the ear is a very different feeling.
post #7 of 10
My new little girl Torrie does that too.
post #8 of 10
Thread Starter 
Aww.. kitties asking to be carried are just too cute!

Quote:
Originally Posted by othie View Post
Oliver (my bipolar kitty from back with my parents) does this, and he will wrap his arms around your neck and give you a hug. It's why I picked him in the shelter lol only later did I find out a sick kitty has a very different personality when they are better
Tell me about it! My two fosters (Chance and Ariel) came to me sick/injured, mellow and very very sweet. As soon as they recover they become fluffballs from hell Still, they have their sweet moments, usually when they're sleepy... and then all's well in the world again.
post #9 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by katachtig View Post
Just as I was reading this, Lucy came in and reached up to me for me to pick her up. It is a very special feeling. Now the cold nose in the ear is a very different feeling.

isn't it just!

aww that's so sweet that ariel does that, a cuddly kitty is always a treat for us!

i'm keeping everything crossed that her adoption works out too. it's so bittersweet that these babies are with you for such a short time. you're a star!
post #10 of 10
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tab View Post
isn't it just!

aww that's so sweet that ariel does that, a cuddly kitty is always a treat for us!

i'm keeping everything crossed that her adoption works out too. it's so bittersweet that these babies are with you for such a short time. you're a star!
Yes, its quite a conundrum. On one hand, I worry that they can't find good homes. On the other hand, I miss them when they're gone.

Ariel is already becoming too attached to me. She's skittish and wary when strangers are around, but since her paw's recovered, she's become a tad bit bolder.

She used to just stuff herself into a corner, puff herself up and hiss when a stranger was in the room. Now she can actually approach the stranger (slowly) and sniff the edge of their pants/clothes. But when she touch her she moves away. Small improvement, but good all the same.

I really hope that lady who came to visit her is seriously considering adopting her. I'll keep everyone posted.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › OMG Ariel is SO cute!