How long to get papers?

meowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So I bought Holly the Ocicat in June, as a pet.

The contract stated I would spay Holly no earlier than 4 months old, and then recieve her papers.

I waited until almost 5 months old, due to difficulty getting an appointment. I mailed the certicicate a couple weeks later to the breeder. Almost a month later I emailed the breeder to make sure she got it. She emailed me back saying she had, and the papers would be along shortly.

That last email was September 26th.

It worries me that when I picked up Holly at about 8-10 weeks old, the breeder had not sent in the registering papers of their birth. She has another job and is busy Im sure, but shouldnt I have Holly's papers by now? Not that I need them per se, but I did pay for a purebred and would like them just in case.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would contact her again (by phone if you can) and find out why she hasn't gotten the papers. Its not end of season - no reason CFA (or any other association) should be slow.

kitytize

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I waited for 2-3 months to get papers from TICA for Veeshan. And it was this same time of year too. But I would still try and find out if she sent them in for sure. Maybe you can email the registry?

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Meowers

So I bought Holly the Ocicat in June, as a pet.

The contract stated I would spay Holly no earlier than 4 months old, and then recieve her papers.

I waited until almost 5 months old, due to difficulty getting an appointment. I mailed the certicicate a couple weeks later to the breeder. Almost a month later I emailed the breeder to make sure she got it. She emailed me back saying she had, and the papers would be along shortly.

That last email was September 26th.

It worries me that when I picked up Holly at about 8-10 weeks old, the breeder had not sent in the registering papers of their birth. She has another job and is busy Im sure, but shouldnt I have Holly's papers by now? Not that I need them per se, but I did pay for a purebred and would like them just in case.
I was just recently looking all over North America for an Ocicat! Can you provide the link to the breeder? Regarding the papers, I know exactly how you feel. I had Persi fixed right away and never plan to show him but you are darn right, I wanted those papers and I see no reason that you have not been provided with the necessary papers to send in to the CFA. I think you have been nice long enough and need to demand your rightful papers.