I just bought my first show shelter!

starfish

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
At the last show, my mom asked me how come you don't have one of those things (sturdi shelter). So I've given it some more thought and decided that for Luna's (and future show cats) comfort, it would be nice to have one.

I bought the double show shelter model in navy blue plus a hammock. I'll be buying the bach's remedy shortly for our show in Raleigh in December. If things don't work out for Luna (hopefully her last show experience was a fluke - she's been to several shows before that), it will be used for whoever I show next.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love the portable ones now (much better then the wire cages). I got mine from the next (wholesale place). It was on sale for $89 plus shipping. Its a rectangel, flat top - not the rounded top ones.

kitytize

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am planning on buying a sturdi shelter. I have been wanting one for quite some time. I am currently not showing any cats but I will be buying a sturdi shelter before I show my next Somali.

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As most of you know...I already have two doubles...they make great "homes" as well for hotel stays

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starfish

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Abymummy

As most of you know...I already have two doubles...they make great "homes" as well for hotel stays
do you (or anyone on TCS) use them for the car as well? I got the impression from the website that the exhibition shelters are strappable to the car. I was thinking about bringing a regular carrier for emergencies, if necessary, but I thought it may make her more comfortable for traveling to the cat shows as well, especially long term trips where she'll have room to use the litter box at will

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I suppose you could set it up in the back seat, but we just fold it down with the rest of the show stuff (and our stuff if overnight) and goes in the trunk. Charlie rides in his carrier. Jack will ride in his carrier to the shows.

ferriscat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'd consider using it if I were running a cat and we had to drive long, long distances to the right shows. However, I rarely travel more than 4-5 hours to a show, with 7 being my max. Not to mention I often show several cats when I go a long distance, so space becomes a concern. I've seen other breeder/exhibitors use them, and the cats always look pretty happy to me!

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Never opened in the car. My cats would go nuts! All my cats travel in carriers.