Cant Find my Cat, where would he hide?

prairiegirl929

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I cant find my cat anywhere! There is no way he could have gotten outside. I saw him at 3am this morning when I got up to use the bathroom. He was on my bed and jumped down when I got up. And all my doors and windows have been closed since then.

I have checked behind and under every piece of furniture, in all my cabinets, all my drawers, all my closets (even though none were open before), ontop of everything in my house.

Where in the world could he be? I'm getting worried about him. He's always in his kitty house in the morning....or he has been every morning since I got him...just a week ago. He's my new kitty.

I literally have looked in every hole, drawer, crack, space....in my house....and no kitty.

Any other ideas where to look? He doesnt come when I call him either....but he ususally doesnt come when I call unless my kids are in bed.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by prairiegirl929

I cant find my cat anywhere! There is no way he could have gotten outside. I saw him at 3am this morning when I got up to use the bathroom. He was on my bed and jumped down when I got up. And all my doors and windows have been closed since then.

I have checked behind and under every piece of furniture, in all my cabinets, all my drawers, all my closets (even though none were open before), ontop of everything in my house.

Where in the world could he be? I'm getting worried about him. He's always in his kitty house in the morning....or he has been every morning since I got him...just a week ago. He's my new kitty.

I literally have looked in every hole, drawer, crack, space....in my house....and no kitty.

Any other ideas where to look? He doesnt come when I call him either....but he ususally doesnt come when I call unless my kids are in bed.
Cats are very deceptive in the way they look. We have a chest of drawers that has a small opening at the bottom. No way in the world a cat could get under there. Or so I always thought until Persi batted a toy under this chest and decided to squeeze under the chest to get his toy only to find out that the opening had varying degrees of wideness. I had spent much time searching for him because he is usually right by my side and when I don't see him for a while I figure that somebody has locked him in a closet. After many hours, I finally located him and had to have DW help me pick up the chest so he could scramble out, but not before he went back and got his toy.

So, even though you think you have looked in all the places he could be, now start looking in the places you think he cannot possibly be.

I predict you will find him soon.

monaxlisa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can you rattle a bag of treats? Or open a can of food (which ever he knows) Nermal vanished once, turned out he was under a chair (I didnt even know there was space under it!) Let us know where you find him!

jack31

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jack would hide for hours on end when he was a kitten--we would look every where in the apartment and then he'd prance up to us out of thin air. It took us about 4 weeks to figure out he got inside the back of the recliner, like up underneath and into the back, not the bottom of the front. To say the least at almost 10 pounds he is now to big for that hiding place.

Leslie

melmo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cats annoy the hell out of me when they do that. Mockey and Foxxy ALWAYS come when I call them, so one day when Foxxy disappeared, and she didnt come when I called her, I got so worried. I live downtown and they are not allowed outside, so even thought I knew she could not have gotten out, I still was worried that somehow she had. Turned out she was hiding under my bed, in the lining of the box spring. My cats have destroyed the lining now, but still love trying to fit in there. Salem, my big fat cat, touches the floor when he is in there, because he is so fat.
Im sure your cat will come out within the next few hours, looking for food.

eeeegeeee

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I once had a cat who was able to open the kitchen cabinets! She hid there when exterior painting was done on my bldg and the clatter and workmen's noises scared her. I never dreamed she was able to open the cabinet and discovered her secret hiding place once when looking for cleaning supplies - she was able to open the cupboard under the sink, which was L-shaped and had a corner shelf in the wrap-around of the L which was hard to see - that was where she did. Be patient, your cat will become hungry!

ancientsanskrit

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
In TX, but will always be a Michigan-boy.
Yeah my guy does this, too. Often hides in my roomate's room. I have tried to find him, but cannot for the life of me find his hiding spot. Anyways, a small handful of cat food and dropping it into the food bowl gets him running out in no time.

Suffice to say, as others mentioned, use the food to get him/her from their hiding place.

othie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
hmm I've had a few cats do this. The places I ended up finding them was INSIDE the couch (they found a hole underneath it, and crawled up into the couch itself). And INSIDE the bed (pretty much the same thing, only this time they crawled up into the boxsprings) Talk about freaking out lol sit down on the bed and hear the cat everytime you move...then feel something move under you....with nothing under the bed

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I could not find Coco a few months ago and she was in the bookcase behind the all the books.
some of my other cats were missing and they were in the closet under everything and i ahd looked.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If you're certain he couldn't have gotten outside, even through a window or a screen or something, then it's time to check under every blanket, behind every door or cabinet, everything. In the meantime, you might want to put out some very smelly food (cheap wet food, or tuna fish). Keep calling him; your only clue may be a tiny meow from somewhere where he is stuck.

lilyluvscats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
did you find him yet? When I first got Brady he hid under bureaus and even found a place in the ceiling in the cellar. I looked all over and there he was sitting on a beam. Sometimes they are scared but sometimes I think they think it's funny.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

prairiegirl929

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I FOUND HIM !!!!

And guess where....................

He had found a tiny hole in the bottom of my box springs on my bed.....and crawled. I found him when I looked under the bed and noticed a my box spring covering was sagging on the underside. It was my kitty.

At least I know his hiding place now.

othie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by prairiegirl929

I FOUND HIM !!!!

And guess where....................

He had found a tiny hole in the bottom of my box springs on my bed.....and crawled. I found him when I looked under the bed and noticed a my box spring covering was sagging on the underside. It was my kitty.

At least I know his hiding place now.
yup, sounds like where yoda used to hide. Fair warning, yoda ended up tearing off the cover all together after about a month

i'm glad you found him!

zane's pal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Ray Bradbury theorized that cats are time travellers, and that their disappearances are due to their being elsewhen.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The box springs is one of the first places I check when we are in a hotel. Most of the beds now have solid wood around it so you cannot get under. My biggest fears is a kitten/cat that decides to get under the hotel bed and not want to come out.

One thing in your house to deal with - quite another in the hotel room; especially in the morning when its time to get to the show hall! Luckily that has never happened to me as the "kids" are usually playing and will come out for food - they are confident and not hiding in the room to start.

mimosa

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
dEUS is a master at hiding, he often hides for his afternoon nap and he takes that nap very seriously, I can call and shake a box of treats all I want; he won't come out. His favorite spot is under the duvet, I always worry how he breathes there but since he has been napping there for three years apparantly he can.

khayos

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
i'd find away to prevent him from getting in there. when i was a kid, my kitten crawled inside the box spring. We didn't know where he was and my brothers and I got on the bed to play.

Unfortunatly, we injured the kitten and he didn't make it
I don't even use bed frames anymore. I just put the box spring and mattress on the floor. Too tramatizing.

Glad you found him though. I keep finding my guys in really weird places lol