Football meal.....?

oscarsmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So my cousin and her hubby are coming over tomorrow to watch the Steelers/Giants game and I have NO IDEA what to make. I have been in a mood to cook and learn new recipes. Do you guys have any ideas? I was supposed to let her know if they should bring anything and I don't even know what to make! ARRRGH! HELP!

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
are you wanting to make a proper meal or a snacky one?

steak and home made chips with a fried egg

or

a nice piece of fish with some green beans grilled with garlic and some new potatos and some carrots

or

picnic, sausage rolls pickled onions cheese cocktail sausages etc

hmmmm ideas for my tea tonight i think hehe

whiteforest

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The roast beef recipe sounds good. Chili in the crock pot, with corn bread. Burgers, but mix in feta and spinach into the meat before cooking, or do portabela burgers, something a little more than "just burgers". Enchiladas.

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I say chilli cheese dogs and maybe make enough chilli to make a dip with and get some corn or tortilla chips and melt cheese over the dip and sodas something easy and fun and since its simple I say let them add any thing to it they want have some little fixings for it

shopcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Go Steelers!!!
They are playing on TV for us here in Florida tomorrow but usually we go to a local sports bar to watch the Steelers there & I loooove the chili cheese fries! This has to be some of the best football junkfood in the world, I swear! When we are out & about tomorrow I'm going to pick up some ingredients & try to make my own.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

oscarsmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

I 3rd this

Oh yeah and PLEASE beat the Giants!!!
Well if they lost to the Brownies I would HOPE we could beat them

Thanks for all the great ideas! I STILL have no idea....well I guess I will have to sleep on it but not too long! Those roast beef sandwiches sound AMAZING!

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We fixed sushi and vegetable/fruit trays and dips for finger foods and spicy blackened chicken breast sandwiches with guac and grilled corn for our last football cook out. We also had some bags of chips for people to munch on.
Have fun!

spudsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm planning on doing the roast beef in the crock pot tomorrow.

I can start it in the am and not have to worry about making dinner and interrupting my football watching.

Thanks for that recipe!

graciecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I really have no ideas as to what you can cook.
I'll be having a housefull later to today for the game too...we're just doing chips, dip, pizza, wings and of course the guys HAVE to have their beer.

GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!