Grrrr! So frustrated!!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm in the process of registering for my Spring classes and have decided that I am going to try to take 3 classes
I need to speed up this degree process as much as possible in case I get laid off

Anyhoo, my original plan was to take Accounting & Humanities on Monday and then my Area Studies class on Tuesday. Well, the Accounting prof that teaches on Tuesday has really good reviews on pickaprof.com, and I'm nervous about accounting so I figured I'd better stack whatever odds I could in my favor
so this immediately throws everything off

The Area Studies classes are only held on Tuesday and they are at an odd time so conflict with everything else so that means no Area Studies class
So I've decided to take Quantitative Business Analysis (statistics) after Accounting, yay

Humanities was still looking good on Monday, until I realized that the earliest class (start at 6:05) was for no credit
The next class doesn't start until 7:10 and I get off work at 5, I am not going to have the motivation to sit around for 2 hours, so I think "Hmmm
maybe I'll just go for broke and take 4 classes!"
but there is nothing available that I need in the early time slot for Monday!!
unless you count corporate finance and there is NO WAY I am taking Accounting, Statisitics and corporate finance at the same time

I'm just frustrated, I have this grand plan and it just won't come together

Thanks for letting me vent!!

snosrap5

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Katie, I just have to give you kudos for even going to school and I know you have two jobs. I'm pooped after a full day at work to even think about evening classes.

My middle son is going part-time to college and trying to work almost full-time. He is thinking about taking three classes this spring to jump start his criminal degree and still work the almost full-time job. I'm amazed at his dedication and determination to do both and do them both well.

Lots of vibes that everything works out perfect and lines up just the way you need them too.

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

I'm in the process of registering for my Spring classes and have decided that I am going to try to take 3 classes
I need to speed up this degree process as much as possible in case I get laid off

Anyhoo, my original plan was to take Accounting & Humanities on Monday and then my Area Studies class on Tuesday. Well, the Accounting prof that teaches on Tuesday has really good reviews on pickaprof.com, and I'm nervous about accounting so I figured I'd better stack whatever odds I could in my favor
so this immediately throws everything off

The Area Studies classes are only held on Tuesday and they are at an odd time so conflict with everything else so that means no Area Studies class
So I've decided to take Quantitative Business Analysis (statistics) after Accounting, yay

Humanities was still looking good on Monday, until I realized that the earliest class (start at 6:05) was for no credit
The next class doesn't start until 7:10 and I get off work at 5, I am not going to have the motivation to sit around for 2 hours, so I think "Hmmm
maybe I'll just go for broke and take 4 classes!"
but there is nothing available that I need in the early time slot for Monday!!
unless you count corporate finance and there is NO WAY I am taking Accounting, Statisitics and corporate finance at the same time

I'm just frustrated, I have this grand plan and it just won't come together

Thanks for letting me vent!!
Vent all you like, Katie. Please just fill me in on how many hours you work or go to school and what is your major exactly.

I actually really like to help with majors and other "stuff." Feel free to PM me, especially because I am a great resume writer and I still tell the truth about the person's skills in the resume. The way that I say is is the part that sets them apart from other applicants. Really, it's fun for me. I know, I'm weird.

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Keep on venting! I hope you are talking to a person, who is paid by the college to help students pick their schedules, they are very helpful when running into problems and can give you inside advice!

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I feel your pain in regards to scheduling. I may have to take some online courses as I continue on with my degree. Getting up early in the morning for classes doesn't sit well with me when I work nights. Mine have to be in the evening on my off nights or late in the afternoon.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by CoolCat

Can´t believe it Katie...
....maybe the schedule can be modificated by the time...
.....cross your fingers!...
Originally Posted by white cat lover

College is so over-rated!

Trust me - I know the feeling!
Originally Posted by sharky

BIG
Thanks, guys

Originally Posted by snosrap5

Katie, I just have to give you kudos for even going to school and I know you have two jobs. I'm pooped after a full day at work to even think about evening classes.

My middle son is going part-time to college and trying to work almost full-time. He is thinking about taking three classes this spring to jump start his criminal degree and still work the almost full-time job. I'm amazed at his dedication and determination to do both and do them both well.

Lots of vibes that everything works out perfect and lines up just the way you need them too.
Thanks, Eva. It's hard, but since my job is not safe, I've got to get my degree if I want to get another job that pays like my current one does
I love going to school, really I do, I love to learn, just maybe not accounting and statistics

Originally Posted by butzie

Vent all you like, Katie. Please just fill me in on how many hours you work or go to school and what is your major exactly.

I actually really like to help with majors and other "stuff." Feel free to PM me, especially because I am a great resume writer and I still tell the truth about the person's skills in the resume. The way that I say is is the part that sets them apart from other applicants. Really, it's fun for me. I know, I'm weird.
Thanks Rosemary!
Originally Posted by cococat

Keep on venting! I hope you are talking to a person, who is paid by the college to help students pick their schedules, they are very helpful when running into problems and can give you inside advice!
I'm actually at a point right now where I am just taking business classes, all my electives are done and I am just going down the line of requirements so I'm not going to an advisor. I know (I hope
) what I can handle and I just want to get this over with!!
Originally Posted by Essayons89

I feel your pain in regards to scheduling. I may have to take some online courses as I continue on with my degree. Getting up early in the morning for classes doesn't sit well with me when I work nights. Mine have to be in the evening on my off nights or late in the afternoon.
I would jump at the chance to take on online class but it seems that Akron doesn't offer very many
I hope that changes within the next couple years
I also wish I had the chance to take an early morning class, but since I work first shift my only option is evening classes