Finally got my new Savannah

michael

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi all, I finally picked up my new Savannah kitten. He is only 9 weeks old and is only 2.6 lbs. He is small, but not for long. He is an F3 so he should end up being 18 - 28 lbs. when full grown. We named him Dezel, as in Deisel gas because he is always at "full octane"

Here are a couple pics, hope you enjoy

Thanks for looking, Michael

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Michael

Hi all, I finally picked up my new Savannah kitten. He is only 9 weeks old and is only 2.6 lbs. He is small, but not for long. He is an F3 so he should end up being 18 - 28 lbs. when full grown. We named him Dezel, as in Deisel gas because he is always at "full octane"
Technically, with diesel, that would be "full cetane."

He IS a cutie!

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi Dezel..
My what big ears you have.

You are adorable.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

michael

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Cute kitten - what color is he supposed to be? And I forgot, what breeds were used to create them?
The breeder called him tan but he deffinately has silver in him.
Savannahs are part African Serval and Domestic Shorthair, I think Ocicat.

He is none stop "on the go" and a people lover. Great personality. Here is a link to some Savannahs that are tan so I suspect he will have coloring like this:
http://www.a1savannahs.com/f1.htm

These are pics from A1Savannah and they are not full grown cats but I think it gives a good indication of Dezels coloring.

michael

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Bad weekend, we almost lost our new addition. On Thursday he was very fevered, lethargic and not eating. On Friday AM I took him to our Vet and his fever was so high it didn't register on the thermometer, over 106.
We did blood work and started Antibiotics. Blood work showed a very low white blood cell count which meant a Virus.

I am happy to say that the antibiotics have really worked. On Saturday AM his temp was down to 102 and he started eating like crazy. Today, Sunday he is back to normal. Our Vet said that if we didn't bring him in on Friday he probably would have died on Friday night.

babywukong

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Michael

Bad weekend, we almost lost our new addition. On Thursday he was very fevered, lethargic and not eating. On Friday AM I took him to our Vet and his fever was so high it didn't register on the thermometer, over 106.
We did blood work and started Antibiotics. Blood work showed a very low white blood cell count which meant a Virus.

I am happy to say that the antibiotics have really worked. On Saturday AM his temp was down to 102 and he started eating like crazy. Today, Sunday he is back to normal. Our Vet said that if we didn't bring him in on Friday he probably would have died on Friday night.
Oh gosh, what a scare! I hope he continues to recover. Pardon me if I'm mistaken, but aren't you the poster who bought a cat from a breeder and it passed on quite soon after you got him? If that poster really is you, I'd be wary of this breeder.

michael

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes, that's me. I lost my first Savannah, he was only 8 months old. This is a replacement for loosing him. I am very wary of the breeder and will never recommend them.