Is Orijen 6 Fresh Fish available in your area?

roxanne

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hey everyone,

I was just wondering if Orijen 6 Fresh Fish is available in your area, because my local pet store here in Southern California recently received em. ( They didn't have em stock in the past due to availability issues ). Um, the cost per 5.5lb bag is $22.00, while the regular Orijen cost $19.00. How much does it cost in your area?

Oh, another question. Is Orijen 6 Fresh Fish appropriate for daily feeding?

angelwing

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes, it is available in my area (Winnipeg). I was glad to hear that they are expanding to areas in the US. The 5.5lb bag here costs $20.99. I'm not sure what the original cost is as I've been only getting this flavour.

And yes, it is quite alright to feed your cats this everyday. Cats are obligate carnivores. They need high amounts of protein and are not adapted to digesting grains. I love Orijen and am really glad that I switched to it.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
yes ... as long as there are NO known Uti or crystal issues it should be fine as a everyday diet...

it is likely the same price all over USA as it has standard pricing .. Ie minimum amount charged but some may be higher ... here it is about 19 for a 5.5

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's available here (Vancouver). I haven't paid much attention to it because my lot are not the least bit interested in fish/seafood flavours of food and at the same time they love the original Orijen, so there's not much point -- so I haven't had occasion to notice whether there's a price difference or not.

cloud_shade

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would be very cautious about feeding the fresh fish formula to a cat. Unlike their original formula, the fresh fish formula contains leeks. Leeks are in the onion family, and onions are toxic to cats. I emailed the company that makes Orijen asking why they included leeks, knowing that they may be harmful. I never received a response. I have no problem with their original formula (though I no longer use it since one of my cats apparently had an allergy to it) but I would use caution when using their fish formula.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by rapunzel47

It's available here (Vancouver). I haven't paid much attention to it because my lot are not the least bit interested in fish/seafood flavours of food and at the same time they love the original Orijen, so there's not much point -- so I haven't had occasion to notice whether there's a price difference or not.
Same here - nothing fishy for my kitties.