Renaissance Faire? Romance novel?

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have some interest in Renaissance Faires. We have one locally called Scarborough Faire. I've been tempted to make a pile of magic wands, get myself a wizard's costume, and sell them under the name "Olive and Her Wands." (Olive was my mother's name.)

Anyway, there is apparently a new series of romance novels set in a Renaissance Faire. The first one is "Wicked Weaves," and I'm about halfway through it. I'm not a romance fan, but I'm enjoying the background.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

I have some interest in Renaissance Faires. We have one locally called Scarborough Faire. I've been tempted to make a pile of magic wands, get myself a wizard's costume, and sell them under the name "Olive and Her Wands." (Olive was my mother's name.)

Anyway, there is apparently a new series of romance novels set in a Renaissance Faire. The first one is "Wicked Weaves," and I'm about halfway through it. I'm not a romance fan, but I'm enjoying the background.
LOL!
Ollivander Wands - clever!

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
used to love Renaissance Faires.even used to dress up and take part in the sword fights and stuff lol.

but the best story ever is, me and several friends dressed up in the ren fair stuff, Chain mail shirts, leather pants. strapped on are swords and bows, and rode are motorcycles to the other side of the state, for one.

errr, we got stopped by the cops like six times ahah,
however as to the books errr, no thanks, romance novels are not my thing

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I worked for a summer as an actor at a Renaissance Faire. Never again. Sure, they're fun to visit for a day, but you don't know what hot is until you've worked for 14 hours straight in one of those big, heavy costumes in a 100 degree heat index. And you don't know what smelly is until you have to put that same dirty, sweaty costume on the next day. Yuck!