RIP Nala

mslp

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Nala
09/02/2007 - 10/23/2008

Nala was my little ball of joy, and a beautiful Bengal. She had never been sick ever. She ate the best food, and enjoyed the comforts of a real little feline princess, and had just turned 1 year old.

I left today for 90min for an appointment at the doctor. She was joyful, energetic and certainly full of life.

I came back from the doctor and found her lying on the floor of the bathroom, with her 2 sisters and brother around her. I cannot begin to describe the pain, and have nowhere to turn to in fear of being mocked for such pain over a cat.

She wasn't a cat, she was my little baby. At least someone in the World should know about her beauty and her awesome personality. She deserved to be mentioned somewhere people would care.

Rest in peace Nala.

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so so sorry for you. I'm sending you healing thoughts and prayers at this tough time.

graciecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so very sorry for your loss.

Anyone who would mock you is just heartless IMO.

You can come and talk to us, nobody here would ever mock you for feeling pain over the loss of someone you loved.

Rest In Peace, Nala

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mslp

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm as terrified as I am saddened now. She wasn't sick nor gave out signs of being sick. No lethargy, no loss of appetite. She was as active as ever and when I came back home she was still very warm. She had passed away in the last hour, apparently, from nothing.

The vet said this rarely happens. I requested a necropsy, I will not be able to have closure until I know, and won't be able to sleep either. I'm too afraid I'll wakeup tomorrow and all my other apparently healthy cats will be dead.

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have peace in knowing that the vet said this rarely happens, your other kitties will be ok. If you can't sleep it's ok, but try to stay calm for your other kitties they need you.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am so very sorry you are facing this, how devastating. Sending many hugs and positive thoughts your way.

There are many cat lovers here who will understand your pain, as our cats are our family, too. Please stay around, there will always be someone to listen

Rest In Peace Little Angel Nala

meowqueensdaddy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
RIP Nala...

I'm so sorry for your loss. I'll add my reassurances that this a good, friendly place to come for support. Nobody here will judge you for mourning your departed one... if you love cats, it's a perfectly normal way to feel.

Try not to worry about your other little ones. But give them an extra cuddle. You're there for them, and they for you. Remember your little princess, and she'll always be with you. It sounds like you gave her a truly wonderful life in the short time she had with you.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
you definitely found the right place - none of us will mock you, because we understand your pain

a
for Nala, & some
for you...

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So sorry about your cat.
She might have a a problem that you could not see.
My friend kept losing young persians and it turned out they had heart defects.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We've all experienced the loss of a cat, and we understand that it's not "just a cat." It's a piece of your life, of your heart.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mslp

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by mews2much

So sorry about your cat.
She might have a a problem that you could not see.
My friend kept losing young persians and it turned out they had heart defects.
I guess I will find out when I get the Necropsy report.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so very sorry
It's bad enough when you know they have an illness, but to happen suddenly like that

It's only natural to feel worried about the rest of your babies, but try and not think that their going to go the same way.

Keep us updated.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The shock, fear and sorrow that you are feeling can be almost overwhelming.
You are not alone with your grief...
we understand and care.

Always in your heart....
Nala.

lele

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Does anyone know how long the necropsy reports take? I'm sure it will be anguish until you know something. So sorry for your loss!!!

cocoa cream

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Aw...poor sweet baby. I hope that you find some comfort knowing that we're all thinking of you and your other babies right now. If there's any place where you can feel safe sharing your grief, it's here. Everyone at TCS understands that your cats are part of your family. My thoughts are with you as you await the necropsy results.

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
RIP little Nala. I'll bet you were a beautiful and adorable little character, as are all Bengals.

My heart goes out to you, MSLP. Bengal's are such unique little munchkins and they leave an inprint on your heart that just can't be erased. She will always be with you, and will playfully watch over you from The Rainbow Bridge.