Major Surgery Vibes needed

kittymonsters

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know the famous TCS vibes and Prayers work wonders. I am hoping you all have some to spare for my Big guy Stomper.

Yesterday I had to take Stomper to the emergency specialty vets 3 hours away. He has been on and off sick for the last two months and the vets are having a hard time determining just what is wrong. I need to update the original thread for any members that may have to deal with this in the future.

Stomper has a 14.2 mm gallstone, which is really rare in cats. He had a bad bout of pancreatitis in August but none of the vets knew if the gallstones were incidental or if they were causing the problems. Since the surgery for the gallstones is so dangerous they wanted to try other treatments for IBD and pancreatitis first.

On Tuesday Stomper started projectile vomiting and became seriously ill. We thought we were going to loose him yesterday. He is stablized now, but has to have the surgery tomorrow morning to remove his gallbladder. He also has pancreatitis and cholangiohepatitis right now as well, making the situation even more dangerous. Ultrasound showed an area of thickening in his duodenum as well, so not sure if IBD or lymphosarcoma. He will be getting pancreatic, liver and intestinal biopsies as well.

This picture is from when he just got home from the hospital after his last bout of pancreatitis. He still wasn't feeling so good.

blast-off-girl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Poor Stomper! He looks like a big fluff monster. We wish him good luck and a speedy recovery! I bet he'll handle it well. I'm sure he's a trooper!

ladylonewolf

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Poor baby! I can totally sympathize with him - I had 100 gallstones and pancreatitis this past December....had my surgery in Februrary. I'll keep Stomper in my thoughts and send lots of good vibes your way.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Look at that sweet sweet face.
Sending so many positive vibes this little sweetie's way For you, too

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
i sympathize w/Stomper's illness - had my gallbladder removed about 5 years ago.
sending & for a quick & easy surgery & recovery!

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awwww, Stomper is adorable.

You must be really stressed out about this.

Mega vibes are on the way for a successful surgery and negative biopsies followed by a quick recovery for sweet Stomper.

kaete

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Poor fluffy boy... lots of good thoughts coming his way (and yours!)

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What a gorgeous kitty. No wonder you love him. You've really gone all-out to save him. Mega

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You are in our hearts today sweet Stomper.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittymonsters

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you everyone for your prayers, vibes and thoughts for Stomper and myself.

The surgeon just called and Stomper will be heading into surgery in about 45 minutes, which is 12:15 or so mountain time. She said the surgery will be about two hours without complications.

I feel better after talking to her. We are still more on a fact finding mission than a curative one. She said that she will have to do a complete cholesysectomy because the risk of stone building back up is high. She was hoping however that his gallbladder was not in too poor of shape based on the ultrasound image. This will reduce the likelihood of any bile leakage.

The thing she seems most worried about is that the thickening of his intestine may actually be a mass.

The up side is after today will with really know what is going on and will be able to form a concrete treatment plan instead of trying to guess.

Again I can't tell you all how much your support means. I have been crying so much my eyes are swollen shut...I look like something out of the x-files. Good thing I don't have to go anywhere today. I would be scaring small children and adults alike.

I will post again when I hear news.