Nooo!oooo - Don't look at the kittens on the shelter's website!!!

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
BFF Ramona recently put her elderly and ill cat to sleep. (RIP Groucho.
)

She is also looking for a job as technology has made hers - books on tape - obsolete. It is this reason she also decided not to get another cat for a while. Help save some money for when she is ready to get a cat.

One day she checked out her county's website for employment opportunities and saw the shelter had job openings. She checked the jobs, but while there clicked on the available cats button.

BIG MISTAKE!!

She and hubby now have two kittens (less than a year old). She first fell in love with "Mater", a black DSH. He is now called "Dark Matter". Hubby said let's go deeper and picked out a white DSH now known as "Razzle Dazzle".

I teased her when she told me about this. I know many a TCS member who has succumbed to those eyes staring back from shelter websites. She is also dealing with kitten behavior for the first time in about 20 years as she always adopted adult cats.

She is visiting this weekend and I can't wait to hear Matter and Dazzle stories. I hope she has pics, too.

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Now you can look for pet adoptions on our Comcast local network. I refuse to go to that on Demand channel because I think that it will result in lots of demands from four-legged furry thilngs.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Those are the times when I'm glad there is a municipal limit. I also can't go to the cat aisle in PetSmart (which is how we got Carly). Way too many sweet kitties.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't wait to see pictures!

I can't go to a shelter or look at the animals in a pet store. My heart bleeds for all of those animals locked up in cages and in need of a home. The last time I went to the Humane Society I was so distressed and upset when I left that I was depressed and couldn't think of anything else for days

There was a little boy kitty at the vet's office when I took Chynna there at the end of February. I saw him 3 times there. He's such a gorgeous boy and so playful. I can't stop thinking of him and I would love to have brought him home, but Chynna is so set in her ways and didn't accept Abby and constantly torments her, and Abby feels so bullied at times. I just can't risk bringing in another kitty in case Chynna is the same way, or in case he does the same thing to Abby. On the other hand he and Abby may have ended up best buddies because Abby so wanted to be friends with Chynna at the beginning, but I just couldn't chance it. So I don't know what happened to him, but I still think about him and feel sad.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

If she can't do one visit before bringing home a kitten, she can't work there!
that why i go the far way around when i stop to get stuff at petsmart, i dont want to walk past the cat cages.

same reason i dont want to foster, cats or dogs. I have rule if it has 4 legs or less and furr, makes it into the house its mine.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katachtig

Those are the times when I'm glad there is a municipal limit. I also can't go to the cat aisle in PetSmart (which is how we got Carly). Way too many sweet kitties.
Uh...
Municipal Limit? Uh-oh!

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by gemlady

She and hubby now have two kittens (less than a year old). She first fell in love with "Mater", a black DSH. He is now called "Dark Matter". Hubby said let's go deeper and picked out a white DSH now known as "Razzle Dazzle".
Wow, a cat that has its own theme song!

Razzle Dazzle Them!

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

I've got a feeling there is a limit here, I just choose to pretend I don't know about it!
We have one here too, and if I am ever questioned, they are foster cats under the shelter's foster program

But seriously, despite most municipal limits, they are only there so animal control can remove the animals if there is a complaint about the quality of care the animals receive. They rarely take away well cared for animals because they would be putting them in a worse situation.

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I always tell Rob that when we retire in hopefully 20-25 years, I will work at a shelter. Then I remember I'll be bringing home at least one cat a month and that might not fly

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
how were the stories?
Originally Posted by theimp98

that why i go the far way around when i stop to get stuff at petsmart, i dont want to walk past the cat cages.

same reason i dont want to foster, cats or dogs. I have rule if it has 4 legs or less and furr, makes it into the house its mine.
I made the mistake of playing with a litter of kittens at the feed store today. I can't stop thinking about them and just barely got out there without a kitty. It was a close call. They were in great conditions and had a good foster home, so I didn't worry about their placement or their chances of getting a home.
I also fail foster 101.

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am was bad with ferals when we us catch them.
It was so hard to let them go.
I kept a few.
I also stay away from the cages at petsmart because I feel bad when I see them.
A few years ago there was all black girl named Samatha I wanted so bad and no one was adopting her because she was black.
I would have ended up with her if my cats were with me then,