My vacuum is suicidal !!

meowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, so when we moved into our place we inheirited my fiance's grandpa's vacuum... 'nuff said, right?

It is soooooooooo old, and the bag is held on by rubber bands

The funny part is that SO says we should get a 700$ vacuum with all the super HEPA filters for allergies and... Hello! Our vacuum is held together by rubber bands! Anything would be fantastically superior to what we have now

The problem is, well I am one of those girls that will spend 90$ on a hair dryer or 200$ on a purse...but I cant seem to find the money for new vacuum.

Last night on Amazon I found a remanufactured Dyson for 149$
and its lavender
I am in love with it, but resisted impulse buying it.
Do you think I should buy it?? That is the most Im willing to spend on a vacuum, by the way.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

meowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh yeah, and BTW our vacuum is spitting out more than it picks up as of yesterday, time is ticking on this bomb.

krazycatlover

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I think that is a good deal for a dyson

Here is one for $199 it is a special I guess for a limited time I think it is brand new. I always go to this site woot.com and it always has good deals. It usually has a deal a day. I got a 500 gig hard drive for $50 and a 4 gig mini sd card for $5. Anyway they always have dyson on that site as well. THat is not the deal for today but I clicked on other deals within the site and I found this.

http://www.ecost.com/detail.aspx?edp...avid=155441524

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My take on remanufactured/refurbished products is, as long as it was done by the original manufacturer, it's a good bet. It's still their name on the line.

And I have a couple of good experiences to back this up: [1] My printer is a Canon i850 that I bought, refurbished by Canon, coming up on four years ago. It is a great little printer, has not given a nano-second's trouble. [2] My Palm Tungsten E2 died a while ago (well the screen and digitizer is probably all that died, but that's enough), and I bought an open box, refurbished by Palm, that's doing just fine -- no problems. Both offered a significant saving, and I'm more than happy and would do it again.

I was talking with a friend around the time I got the "new" Palm. She used to work in an electronics shop and pointed out something useful. We tend to think of remanufactured/refurbished as used/faulty/second rate, when in fact, it may be very much the opposite: The brand new thing just off the assembly line will probably be fine, but there will be the odd dud, no matter how careful the manufacturer is. What if you get the dud? With the remanufactured item, it has been individually handled, and fully checked and tested, and stands a much greater chance, actually, of having any issues dealt with before you get it.

I wouldn't be so fast to take a product remanufactured/refurbished by someone other than the original manufacturer, but if I had other reasons to trust their workmanship, I'd probably do it.

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Many refurbished items are things that people have returned just because they did not want them, not because there is anything wrong with them. They get sent back to the manufacturer, checked for problems, and repackaged. My cousin worked for some manufacturing company that did that.

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by krazy kat2

Many refurbished items are things that people have returned just because they did not want them, not because there is anything wrong with them. They get sent back to the manufacturer, checked for problems, and repackaged. My cousin worked for some manufacturing company that did that.
Definitely get the refurbished one.

I really want to introduce your vacuum to my dishwasher so that they can date. This is our third dishwasher in the house (the first came with the house and it was not that good). Finally bought a high-end one almost 3 years ago. It just never worked. We have a homeowners policy and we are glad because that repairman was out here every 3 months.

Gave in a bought a nice Sears a few months ago. So quiet! It started not draining properly. This leads me to believe that there is something wrong on our end because I am changing that filter. The Sears guy came and it drained, so DH wasn't convinced it was on our end.

It failed again today. DH is cleaning those dishes now. The repairman is coming Tuesday.

Now, which would be the guy and the girl on their date?

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My daughter was just telling me the other night that the warranty on some carpets are invalid if you use a Dyson on them. I don't know if any of us would have to replace carpeting before the warranty anyway, but that's what she said. I have not checked any carpet manufacturers warranties to see if this is true but she swears it is. She said the Dyson was very hard on carpeting.

meowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by butzie

Definitely get the refurbished one.

I really want to introduce your vacuum to my dishwasher so that they can date. This is our third dishwasher in the house (the first came with the house and it was not that good). Finally bought a high-end one almost 3 years ago. It just never worked. We have a homeowners policy and we are glad because that repairman was out here every 3 months.

Now, which would be the guy and the girl on their date?
I think my vacuum would be the man, because he is messy. Your washer is tempermental it sounds , so that must be the lady

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Dad has a Dyson and he loves it except he called me to get a belt.
He said no one was open that had belts and can I search for one online for him.
I had found 4 places but they were all closed like the ones he found in the Bay Area.
What is strange is they were closed the same week in Sept.
They have two cats and the Vac is great.

meowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
After months of being vacuum wishy-washy..... I just ordered the Dyson!!! SOOOO excited!! This is the first vacuum Ive ever bought!

Is it wrong to be this excited about a vacuum?

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Meowers;2452716 said:
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

A Dyson? Yes, definitely buy it!

http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=130389

This is the one Im getting!!! So cute too.
Yep, that's the one I have too. I absolutely love it! When I first used it there was about 1 inch of white cat dander at the bottom of the cannister..firmly packed, and that was after having used my Fantom Fury cyclonic vacuum on it.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Meowers

After months of being vacuum wishy-washy..... I just ordered the Dyson!!! SOOOO excited!! This is the first vacuum Ive ever bought!

Is it wrong to be this excited about a vacuum?

While that is purple, it's a different model than the one Ginger'sMom shows in her post here:

http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=130389

The one you ordered is "all floors".

The one she has (and me too) is a Dyson Animal. it comes with a suction powered turbo upholstery tool that has a rotating brush for furniture. However, I think you can order that tool separately from Dyson for their other models.

However, it's still a Dyson and it will have great suction!