What's for dinner tonight?

fuzzles

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm making some deer ribs I pulled out of the freezer this morning. I'm going to baste them with a maple bbq sauce recipe I have, should be interesting, and roast them in the oven. On the side I am going to make some potato salad and I bought a can of peas with pearl onions and mushrooms mixed in. Yum, yum I can't wait for dinner tonight!

What are you guys having?

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have a roast in the crockpot, finally making Kelly's (Clixpix) beef au jus recipe. I cant wait to try it.

I wish I had the ingredients at home for her fudge

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fuzzles

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

I have a roast in the crockpot, finally making Kelly's (Clixpix) beef au jus recipe. I cant wait to try it.

I wish I had the ingredients at home for her fudge
Roast sounds really, really good! Are you making mashed potatoes with it?

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Neil brought home a deep dish sausage & pepperoni pizza from a Wisconsin chain-Rocky's!
Too bad I wasn't really hungry as we had late afternoon snacks at my seminar.

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Went to T.G.I Friday's for my birthday tonight. It was really good, but the portion sizes were small for the price. We were disappointed. But had a really yummy dessert of Chips Ahoy Ice Cream Sundae. Mmmmmm

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I worked late with Rob so we picked up chinese (general tso) for him and a cheese calzone for me.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fuzzles

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My venison ribs didn't turn out as good as i expected they would. They've been in the freezer for a year almost so that may be why they didn't taste as fresh, I guess. OH well, the potato salad was yummy so it makes up for it!

brandi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had Zucchini Tomato Pie it was awesome!!! Here are the ingredients!
* 2 cups chopped zucchini
* 1 cup chopped tomato
* 1/2 cup chopped onion(changed this to cilantro and red potatoes)
* 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese--I used a vegan cheese I got at God's Country(an organic store that specializes in vegan, vegetarian foods)
* 3/4 cup biscuit baking mix
* 1/2 cup milk--I used soy milk
* 3 eggs--I used mashed silken tofu for the eggs
* 1/2 teaspoon salt--I used sea salt
* 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper

DIRECTIONS

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease a 10 inch pie pan.
2. Combine zucchini, tomato, onion, and Parmesan cheese in prepared pie pan. In a small bowl, combine biscuit mix, milk, eggs, and salt and pepper. Beat until smooth, then pour over vegetable mixture.
3. Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.

monaxlisa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by spudsmom

Oooo! That sounds so yummy! I think I may try that this week-end. I just have one question....what is giardinara sauce?
I was wondering the same thing! I want to try that recipe too, yummy!

I made a Coconut/tomato/lentil dahl. Turned out pretty good and I made extra to freeze

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My fiance made dinner tonight. He made a casserole with things he decided sounded good. It had chunks of chicken, broccoli and cauliflower mixed with cream of mushroom soup and cheddar cheese soup covered with sliced potatoes and topped with lots of old cheddar cheese. It was good.

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Canned soup for me last night, since I had to work late.

Tonight though, we are having pork tenderloin stuffed with apple/bacon/onion stuffing
It is soooo good!

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I decided to do the chicken casserole recipe off the back of the stove-top stuffing box. It is in the oven right now and it smells pretty yummy so I will let you know how it turns out.