Cold Front!

fuzzles

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yay, we have a cold front blowing through. Maybe it will finally feel like fall now. I had to hurry up and go outside and get the trash can from the road (it's trash day) and run to the mailbox really quick because it's trying to rain and those droplets were cold!

abbycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Were under winter storm warnings for tonight and tomorrow, 8 inches are expected to fall!! burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fuzzles

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
You're lucky (or cursed!) It never snows enough here for it to stick to the ground and then again it rarely ever snows here
Sometimes I wish it would, but then I think about how I'd hate to scrape my windshield with an ice scraper every morning and shovel out the driveway. Having to get ice off of my windshield about 2 or 3 times a winter is enough for me!
I think the low tonight is only supposed to be like 46 or 47 degrees.

balstadohana

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I miss the "fall & winter" weather on the mainland!!!! but it did get below 75 last night and I had to close the windows.

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm very happy for you! Cold fronts were my favorite kind of weather growing up and living in Texas. Such a relief! I remember I would bring out my wool winter coats when it was 50° F or below... Here by the shore it's chilly and damp and I wear sandals and a skirt or shorts, with a hoodie when it's 50° F. But here it's always chilly, the situation is completely different if there's a 40°+ drop in temperature like happens there.

Have you eaten at Chuy's lately? Is Trudy's still there? I miss the food in Austin! And when you get an ice storm or snow, the entire city shuts down: forced holiday!

fuzzles

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SwampWitch

Have you eaten at Chuy's lately? Is Trudy's still there? I miss the food in Austin! And when you get an ice storm or snow, the entire city shuts down: forced holiday!
lol i had chuys on saturday night for dinner! I had the fajita chicken burrito with green chili sauce yum yum and a margarita to wash it down. I had half of it for leftovers for lunch on Monday. Trudy's is still here (it's on lamar, right? by 183 kinda?). I haven't eaten at trudy's but i think the bf has. I think he said he got a fried stuffed avacado there or something like that.

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Fuzzles

lol i had chuys on saturday night for dinner! I had the fajita chicken burrito with green chili sauce yum yum and a margarita to wash it down. I had half of it for leftovers for lunch on Monday. Trudy's is still here (it's on lamar, right? by 183 kinda?). I haven't eaten at trudy's but i think the bf has. I think he said he got a fried stuffed avacado there or something like that.
We always ate at the one just north of campus, but there's one south, too, (I think). It's hard to remember, it's now more than 12 years and three cities later. I even miss Taco Cabana, lol.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We're in the middle of a cold front too and the crappy part is our heat isn't working. DH came home early yesterday (sick) and went to turn on the heat. When I got home some 32 hours later it still wasn't blowing hot air so we turned it off, set up a space heater in the bedroom and tried to call the after hours maintenance... no answer. I'm dreading my shower this morning as I sit snuggled on the couch. Im afraid my hair might freeze when I get out.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Fuzzles

You're lucky (or cursed!) It never snows enough here for it to stick to the ground and then again it rarely ever snows here
Sometimes I wish it would, but then I think about how I'd hate to scrape my windshield with an ice scraper every morning and shovel out the driveway. Having to get ice off of my windshield about 2 or 3 times a winter is enough for me!
I think the low tonight is only supposed to be like 46 or 47 degrees.
I've seen snow a foot deep in Austin. Doesn't happen often, but boy, when it does!

I went through the front twice yesterday. I left here with a temp of about 70, ran into the front just west of Weatherford on my way to Midland. I drove out the back side, vicious wind but blue skies most of the way. Coming back, I just caught up with the back edge in Fort Worth. A true "blue norther."

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by balstadohana

I miss the "fall & winter" weather on the mainland!!!! but it did get below 75 last night and I had to close the windows.
i´m a tropical creature!...
...so i never saw the snow or the fall as many of your places...

fuzzles

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

I've seen snow a foot deep in Austin. Doesn't happen often, but boy, when it does!

I went through the front twice yesterday. I left here with a temp of about 70, ran into the front just west of Weatherford on my way to Midland. I drove out the back side, vicious wind but blue skies most of the days. Coming back, I just caught up with the back edge in Fort Worth. A true "blue norther."
I just moved to Austin back in May so I am not quite sure about the snow thing here. I am from College Station and that's where I moved from in May. The last time it snowed and stayed on the ground a few days was when I was about 3 or 4 years old, but I was too young to really remember it. Last year it snowed a little bit one morning. Here's a picture I took because I was so excited. I hadn't seen snow since about the 7th grade like this, which was over 10 years before!!!!

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by balstadohana

You closed the windows for 75 degrees! I have our windows open when it's 60 degrees and I still end up tossing off the covers because I get hot in the middle of the night.

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm still running my air conditioner.....

I can't tolerate the heat at all and I can't sleep unless its chilly in the bedroom. We haven't had any snow to speak of since I've lived here, but I'm always hopeful!