Persi says NO WORK!

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got up this morning with DW at five for no particular reason other than I could not sleep. Later she asked me what my plans were for today and I said I really no longer have plans now that the KatKwery season is over. Gee, it was like I was finally retired. DW then pointed to a large stack of papers on my desk that were long overdue for attention. She pointed out that now that I had so much time on my hands would be a good time to take care of that stack of papers. I agreed wholeheartedly. But Persi had other plans.

When I arrived at my office, I found the aforementioned stack of papers on the desk. There was an item laying on top of the stack. An item named Persi. He glared at me as if in defiance of moving from the stack. I decided to leave him alone and take a nap. He has never done anything quite like this before. He is still there on the papers as if he does not want me messing with them. Oh, I know you are going to tell me all cats love stacks of papers. But Persi's behavior dictates something different to me. Something supernatural (scary music plays here).

midwife

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This is a good example of cats' uncanny ability to find the single most important spot in the house and perch themselves upon it... I think they understand our speech, and knew that the discussion made it clear where the priority place now is.... My grad school professor wrote her dissertation with the assistance of her cat.. she had the notes placed into various themes across the floor.. the cat would sit on one pile then move to the next, in seemingly random order. This is how she ended up arrranging the topics in her dissertation.. Made purrrfect sense too!!!

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No work for you! Your cat is trying to protect you from working, but the problem is if you don't do as you are told, then you have to be protected from the wife! Where will kitty be then?

sport

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

But Persi's behavior dictates something different to me. Something supernatural (scary music plays here).
OMG!!!! You are one of the first people to understand EXACTLY the nature of my relationship with Sport. I am disabled, I have no use of my right leg, and it is like Sport knows that. It is like he has a scary grasp of the english language. It is like he is part human. It is spooky, but so, so cool that an animal can show that kind of behavior towards and with it's owner.

Peace, Love and Tie Dye

Rob & Sport

althekitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My little lad does that kind of thing too. You see, I think Persi knows that you would much rather spend your day stroking and petting him than sit there doing paper work. So, he came up with a plan, a strategy of sorts, in order to get maximum attention. He is a bright little chap! He is not only being a lovely distraction but also an obvious obstruction. Your wife will see that moving him is not an option!

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by midwife1959

This is a good example of cats' uncanny ability to find the single most important spot in the house and perch themselves upon it...
You got that right.

Good job Persi.