Paw Crafts!

mommysmeows

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yesterday, my husband and I made paw crafts. We even used it on the kids! We still need to do one of our daughters and Butters ( couldn't find him yesterday ) and Zelda's is not in the pi cause it was cooking!

HOW TO MAKE YOURS:

2 cups of flour
1 cup water
1 cup salt
Food dye ( as needed )

MIX FOOD DYE & WATER.

Then, MIX IT ALL TOGETHER! Dough should be smooth, not sticky or lumpy. Use your hands to get the right consistency! Some times you have to add more flour to it. If you find that your hands/paws are sticking to the dough add some flour to your hands really lightly and then wipe it off your hands and try it again.

Use WAX paper to put your prints on. Roll the dough out onto the wax paper into a circular "shape" and then imprint..... Then place it on a cookie sheet.

To get the hole to hang it, use a straw.

HEAT YOUR OVEN TO 200 degrees. Cook your Paw/Hand prints for 2 hours or more if needed.

Pretty easy huh?

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That is so neat! Especially the tip about the wax paper where no one gets anything on their paws. Thanks for sharing that!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mommysmeows

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

That is so neat! Especially the tip about the wax paper where no one gets anything on their paws. Thanks for sharing that!
Oh no, it's for you to roll the dough into, then make the imprint

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How do you get such well defined prints if you use wax paper over top of it? I'm just wondering how to get a nice print of the cats without hurting their little paws and it seems like the wax paper would make it harder

mommysmeows

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AlleyGirl

How do you get such well defined prints if you use wax paper over top of it? I'm just wondering how to get a nice print of the cats without hurting their little paws and it seems like the wax paper would make it harder
The wax paper is for putting the dough on, rolling it out on and then imprinting, sticking it onto the baking sheet and baking.

mommysmeows

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

I remember making stuff from that when I was little with my mom. I think I also ended up eating part of the dough!
What a great memory to make and to have for the future.
haha, I know, me too!

whiteforest

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have one of those that the animal hospital made when Andy died. They sent it to us in the mail as a surprise. I cried when I got it, but I've had it shoved in a drawer since because it made me sad to see. I'm not sure what to do with it.