Ok, this was really wierd

cattybird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bear with me. As you know, I have two cats. Gracie is a tortoishell colored Maine Coon and Casey is a light orange and white Tabby. Well, last night I was up late reading. When I decided to go to bed I looked over and saw Gracie sleeping on the Living Room couch. Now, when I turned the LR light off, the hallway is dark except for the night light in the Bathroom. As I stepped into the hall I saw something light colored coming toward me. What I thought was Casey rubbed against me and I petted me. As I passed the Study, which also has a light on in it, I saw Casey sound asleep on the couch!
. WHO THE HECK RUBBED AGAINST ME IN THE HALL?????????

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
^ Which is why it would be a problem!

Who knows what it was? I've often wondered if my cats can be in two places at once... though it doesn't help that they're both white and tabby.

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you have a rainbow bridge kitty? The day we buried my sweet Wilda, I felt (two times) furry hugs on my leg and looked down, and of course she was not there. I also thought I saw her out of the corner of my eye a few times. I still feel a furry hug from her now and then, 4 1/2 years later.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just remembered something odd that happened to me years ago. My grandmother had a grey kitty and the litter box was kept in the second bathroom. I was sitting in the bedroom and saw him jog through the room to the bathroom to use the litter box... maybe 5 seconds later I saw him do it again. I was watching the whole time - he didn't come out and go back in and there was only one cat in the bathroom.

I wasn't seeing a "ghost kitty". When you're around a cat you memorize everything down to the way they walk. I saw him twice. I still can't explain how this happened.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You don't have any local strays that can get in your house, do you? That happened to me one time. One of the outside barn cats could be Little One's twin. The markings on the face are a little different, and she's thinner but you have to know both of them to really tell the difference. Once night, I was seeing Little One EVERYWHERE! First she was in the kitchen with me, then I went straight from the kitchen to the computer room, and she was snuggled up on the bed seeming fast asleep. I thought "wow, she's quick!" I went into the bathroom and she appeared there, and when I went back to the computer room, she is on the bed again.

I thought I was starting to lose my mind, until later when I gave them their nightly wet food feeding...and there were 2 Little Ones! Apparently the barn cat ran in one time when I let the dogs inside and I didn't notice!
She just made herself at home! But, when I went to let the dogs out for one last run, she went out with them, happy content and stuffed!

But, I felt like the father in "Family Trap" when both daughters are in his house but he does have a clue yet!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cattybird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SwampWitch

Do you have a rainbow bridge kitty? The day we buried my sweet Wilda, I felt (two times) furry hugs on my leg and looked down, and of course she was not there. I also thought I saw her out of the corner of my eye a few times. I still feel a furry hug from her now and then, 4 1/2 years later.
Actually, I have several RB kitties. Hmm, you think one of them might have been paying me a late night visit?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cattybird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

You don't have any local strays that can get in your house, do you? That happened to me one time. One of the outside barn cats could be Little One's twin. The markings on the face are a little different, and she's thinner but you have to know both of them to really tell the difference. Once night, I was seeing Little One EVERYWHERE! First she was in the kitchen with me, then I went straight from the kitchen to the computer room, and she was snuggled up on the bed seeming fast asleep. I thought "wow, she's quick!" I went into the bathroom and she appeared there, and when I went back to the computer room, she is on the bed again.

I thought I was starting to lose my mind, until later when I gave them their nightly wet food feeding...and there were 2 Little Ones! Apparently the barn cat ran in one time when I let the dogs inside and I didn't notice!
She just made herself at home! But, when I went to let the dogs out for one last run, she went out with them, happy content and stuffed!

But, I felt like the father in "Family Trap" when both daughters are in his house but he does have a clue yet!
Since we made our cats strictly inside cats, we sealed up our cat door, so I really don't think there's anyway we could have acquired another cat.

lorie d.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

Many years ago when I was living in a mobile home that same thing happend to me. I found a cat in our bathroom who happened to look exactly like the kitten we had at that time, only this extra cat was a feral and I couldn't get near it. One of my neighbors was able to remove it for me.

Maybe there's a similiar explanation for you?

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like the ghost kitty explanation
I've seen a couple myself - clear as day. It's not the kind of mistake you could have made. I saw Toffi as clear as crystal in front of me when I had to take his sister (Bootie) to the vet... it was only after I'd left that I remembered he'd passed over two weeks prior.

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I believe it could be an rb kitty. Tavia comes to me in my dreams alot and sometimes I think I hear her meows and there aren't any other cats here.