TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › IMO: In My Opinion › Palin children traveled on state funds
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Palin children traveled on state funds - Page 4  

post #91 of 100
Here you go... Palin fans will probably enjoy this joke I got in an email:

Sarah Palin is invited to meet with the Pope while he is vacationing in Venice. The liberal press reluctantly watches the semi-private audience, hoping they will be able to allot minimal coverage, if any.

The Pope asks Governor Palin to join him on a Gondola ride through the canals f Venice. They're admiring the sights and agreeing on moral issues when all of a sudden, the Pope's hat (zucchetto) blows off his head and out into the water.

The gondolier starts to reach for the Pontiff's cap with his pole, but this move threatens to overturn the floating craft. Sarah waves the tour guide off, saying, "Wait, wait. I'll take care of this. Don't worry." She steps off the gondola onto the surface of the water and walks out to the Pope's hat, bends over and picks it up. She walks back across the water to the gondola and steps aboard. She hands the hat to the Pope amid stunned silence. The next morning the topic of conversation among Democrats in Congress, CBS News, NBC News, ABC News, CNN, the New York Times, Hollywood celebrities, and in France and Germany is:

"Palin Can't Swim."
post #92 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2dogmom View Post
Here you go... Palin fans will probably enjoy this joke I got in an email:

Sarah Palin is invited to meet with the Pope while he is vacationing in Venice. The liberal press reluctantly watches the semi-private audience, hoping they will be able to allot minimal coverage, if any.

The Pope asks Governor Palin to join him on a Gondola ride through the canals f Venice. They're admiring the sights and agreeing on moral issues when all of a sudden, the Pope's hat (zucchetto) blows off his head and out into the water.

The gondolier starts to reach for the Pontiff's cap with his pole, but this move threatens to overturn the floating craft. Sarah waves the tour guide off, saying, "Wait, wait. I'll take care of this. Don't worry." She steps off the gondola onto the surface of the water and walks out to the Pope's hat, bends over and picks it up. She walks back across the water to the gondola and steps aboard. She hands the hat to the Pope amid stunned silence. The next morning the topic of conversation among Democrats in Congress, CBS News, NBC News, ABC News, CNN, the New York Times, Hollywood celebrities, and in France and Germany is:

"Palin Can't Swim."
I'm not a Palin fan, but I thought it was funny too! Gotta love the press!
post #93 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by peachytoday View Post
Obama was hanged in effigy at George Fox University in Oregon.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26872774/
And in my hometown, and at a university in Kentucky.

I don't think either are appropriate, but I also think that an effigy of a black man sends (and quite intends to) a different message. Just ask the two men who have been charged with conspiracy to assassinate Obama.

I don't have tv right now, but looking at the news networks' webpages it seems they are reporting both (Obama and Palin) of them pretty low-key.
post #94 of 100
A lynching is a lynching and the person winds up dead, no matter the color.

Whoever is doing any of the effigy lynchings should be shunned IMO.
post #95 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckblv View Post
A lynching is a lynching and the person winds up dead, no matter the color.

Whoever is doing any of the effigy lynchings should be shunned IMO.
I agree-- but the Jena Six case and hundreds of years of American history prove that it's a bit loaded.

They've been burning Bush in effigy all over the world for a while- among others- but if you look at the guy in Dayton Oh with Obama in effigy, he says it's because he doesn't want a black president. With Palin, it's about hating HER, not her race.
post #96 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zissou'sMom View Post
I agree-- but the Jena Six case and hundreds of years of American history prove that it's a bit loaded.

They've been burning Bush in effigy all over the world for a while- among others- but if you look at the guy in Dayton Oh with Obama in effigy, he says it's because he doesn't want a black president. With Palin, it's about hating HER, not her race.
Hate is hate Z, it doesn't matter the perceived reason.
post #97 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckblv View Post
Whoever is doing any of the effigy lynchings should be shunned IMO.
I have to agree with you here, although I'm not sure that shunning is quite enough punishment. Although where you draw the line in a country of free speech could be quite difficult. Perhaps public ridicule, community service, or something of that nature.
post #98 of 100
Public ridicule is always good. Make them stand on the street corner
with a huge sign around their neck
that says, "I am a dumb a$$"
post #99 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckblv View Post
Hate is hate Z, it doesn't matter the perceived reason.
So, you are of the opinion that we should ignore the obvious, racist intent and the hundreds of actual lynchings and just say that there's no difference? I don't get your point at all. Yes, the Palin one is bad. The racial implications that are intended by the makers of the Obama ones are worse. One is insulting to Palin, the other is insulting to everyone.
post #100 of 100
My point is, both are horrendous. Period
The ones against Palin are sexist, but I don't care the reason, not of Palin's and not of Barack's. They are wrong and disgusting and hateful.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: IMO: In My Opinion
This thread is locked  
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › IMO: In My Opinion › Palin children traveled on state funds