My Grandma Got into an Accident

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My grandma got into a car accident today. She had a stroke and drove into the wall of the hospital and then someone rear ended her. I don't know how that managed to happen after she had already driven into the wall. At least she was at the hospital though.

I guess her car is destroyed but all she has is a few bruises and same with the guy that hit her car. We are all very happy that she is ok because she is 89 years old and it could have turned out much worse.

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's really unlucky
I hope she's ok - or at least as good as can be hun. She was definitely in the right place to hit a wall though!
to you all

mer636

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
well at least she didn't have to wait for an ambulance
im sorry to hear that she was in the accident but at least she only has minor injuries but hopefully she will get her strokes checked out and maybe start to think about not driving anymore ?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mer636

well at least she didn't have to wait for an ambulance
im sorry to hear that she was in the accident but at least she only has minor injuries but hopefully she will get her strokes checked out and maybe start to think about not driving anymore ?
I don't think she will be driving anymore. I think she should have stopped a long time ago. Every year she has to take a driving test and she always passes so she just keeps driving.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Dottie's mom, who is about that same age, had an accident a couple of weeks ago. A car cut her off in a traffic circle (they live in Massachusetts), and in avoiding it she drove off the road and wrecked her fairly new car. Without even interviewing her, the state revoked her license due to her age. They didn't even ask Dottie's brother, who was also in the car, what happened. Her mother is actually a very good driver, especially for her age.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Poor grandma. It almost sounds as though the person that rear-ended her may have pushed her into the wall. Really, how can you rear-end someone who just drove into a wall. Sounds fishy to me. I'd want to get to the bottom of that story.