Yep...He's back from being neutered!

chadsgirl374

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sunny came back from being neutered at 4pm today. He was pretty groggy in the car, but he perked up when he saw that he was home (15 minutes later)
He wanted to eat right away since he missed his breakfast and lunch so I fed him a little at a time so he wouldn't get sick to his stomach.

I got back from class at 9:30 tonight and he was hanging out with his Dad while I was gone. Apparently he missed me (I'm the one with the FOOD
), but he layed around and wasn't his normal playful self. Well, when I got home, I fed him again because when I asked him if he was hungry - he gave me his special "yes, I'm hungry" meow. Now he's perked up and almost back to normal.

I heard a weird noise coming from the kitchen and he was putting his paws in his water dish and using them to wash his face. Then he decided to go to his litter box and was irritated that his litter was sticking to his wet paws. He left a little trail all the way from the bathroom. Well, I saved him from that crisis (I didn't really have a choice since he was looking so pitiful). I went back to my homework and heard another weird noise in the kitchen and then a really weird meow
. He got one of his claws caught in the cord from the popcorn maker (DBF left it hanging off the counter). I had to save him from that. He's been climbing all over everything and has is currently sleeping in his favorite metal folding chair (he won't sleep on anything cloth, it has to be a hard surface).

Yep....Sunny's gonna be just fine! It doesn't appear that the surgery has changed his personality in the slightest

sport

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My Sport is going to be neutered in 2 weeks. He will be 5 months old. I am worried just because he is my baby, but I'm glad to hear about your Sonny. It makes me feel better hearing about your experience.

Rob

althekitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I had my cat neutered when he was about five months, bless him. Me and my bf had taken the day off and we took him to vet and went out. We were really worried. When we went back to get him after, the vet said that he might be sick and be a bit low and sleep and be 'out of sorts'. So, we had made lots of little beds around for him to sneak off and get comfy in peace, but he wasn't having any of it! He was running around, playing and loving! He was fine
. I was told that that the boys have an easier time of it than the girls. I am glad that yours is well too and I hope all goes well for Sport too

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Althekitty

I had my cat neutered when he was about five months, bless him. Me and my bf had taken the day off and we took him to vet and went out. We were really worried. When we went back to get him after, the vet said that he might be sick and be a bit low and sleep and be 'out of sorts'. So, we had made lots of little beds around for him to sneak off and get comfy in peace, but he wasn't having any of it! He was running around, playing and loving! He was fine
. I was told that that the boys have an easier time of it than the girls. I am glad that yours is well too and I hope all goes well for Sport too
Here is another vote to not worry about it. Persi's personality did not change one bit once the medicine wore off. He was the same old cat I had come to love.