I am so not a girly girl

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm going out with a couple of friends tonight for dinner and drinks. I though I might throw on some make up for the occasion and couldn't find any.
I even remember the last time I wore make up - December last year

I did find some foundation, but I just put it on my scar (and it looks much better!). I couldn't even find any lip gloss.

I did manage to dig up some perfume my SIL bought me that I have never used, and put that on, but all it's done is make my headache worse.

marie-p

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the
make up? what is that used for??

I can't remember the last time I wore make up. It must have been years ago.

Last year I had to go to a cocktail party and wore a nice summer dress.... with running shoes! That's pretty much all I have. Needless to say, make up was not on the menu either.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Haha I'm trying to decide if I should wear my Mary jane style crocs or if I should wear my Merrell slip ons.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In Germany they had this good brand for so cheap, when ever i went in the store to get cleaning products id reward my self with either lip liner, gloss, blush or foundation. I have a whole heap of it to last me for a while! I don't know what im going to do once this all runs out!

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm just like you! I don't know where half my make up is. I usually only wear eyeliner unless I'm going out, and then I may break out the blush and a little lip stick. The only times I'm in "full" makeup is usually our anniversary weekend or if DH really begs. And I remember in high school when I wouldn't walk out to get the paper without first spending 45 mins of primping. Ahhh...the joys of being a grownup!

monaxlisa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

Haha I'm trying to decide if I should wear my Mary jane style crocs or if I should wear my Merrell slip ons.
Ooooh, I love Merrells!! My favorite brand by far!
Im not big on makeup either, a little bit of eyeliner is about all I have patience for, and even then I manage to rub it off after a few hours

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't even know how to apply makeup!

I would wear the merrells - they are a great brand. I personally wear Keens in the summertime and Columbia shoes in the winter - they are so comfortable!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sarah that's soo funny
I guess i'm the opposite! I refuse to leave the house without makeup on! I won't even go to the gym without some
I'm not into huge thick layers of it, but I definitely feel better with a nice light layer of makeup

Is your scar getting any better hon? Any less sensitive?

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

The only times I'm in "full" makeup is usually our anniversary weekend or if DH really begs. And I remember in high school when I wouldn't walk out to get the paper without first spending 45 mins of primping. Ahhh...the joys of being a grownup!
I was the same when I was younger - would pack on so much makeup, but DH hates it. He prefers the natural look, which suits me just fine!

Originally Posted by Kiwideus

I don't even know how to apply makeup!

I would wear the merrells - they are a great brand. I personally wear Keens in the summertime and Columbia shoes in the winter - they are so comfortable!
Oooh I love Keens and I wear my Merrells or my North Face shoes in winter
I decided to go for the Merrells

Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

Is your scar getting any better hon? Any less sensitive?
Nope - I went to see a plastic surgeon and he confirmed it's a keloid scar (keeps getting bigger), so I'm actually getting plastic surgery this Monday. I'm getting laser treatment which I believe will help the colour, and the look, and steroid injections which will help the itchiness, will hopefully stop it getting bigger, and I think the sensitivity. It's general anesthetic, so I had a pre-anesthesia appointment on Monday just gone, and I was so relaxed about it - they thought it was funny. We were laughing about how it's nothing compared to previous surgeries, and how it'll be a breeze. I was in the waiting room (which is also the actual surgery waiting room), and I was grinning away about getting it fixed while everyone else was looking nervous

Thanks for asking

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Nope - I went to see a plastic surgeon and he confirmed it's a keloid scar (keeps getting bigger), so I'm actually getting plastic surgery this Monday. I'm getting laser treatment which I believe will help the colour, and the look, and steroid injections which will help the itchiness, will hopefully stop it getting bigger, and I think the sensitivity. It's general anesthetic, so I had a pre-anesthesia appointment on Monday just gone, and I was so relaxed about it - they thought it was funny. We were laughing about how it's nothing compared to previous surgeries, and how it'll be a breeze. I was in the waiting room (which is also the actual surgery waiting room), and I was grinning away about getting it fixed while everyone else was looking nervous

Thanks for asking
That's wonderful that you're going to be able to get it repaired
I'm glad you're feeling at ease and comfortable with the process- that will definitely make things a lot easier!!!
Vibes headed your way that all goes well!!!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have no idea if it will work. He ideally wanted to remove all the extra tissue that had grown and put it back together using different surgical methods, but that would put our baby making plans backk many months, and I didn't want to do that

I still have wires in my chest that were holding my sternum together (but are unecessary now) and I think one of them is causing some issues, but hopefully it will be fine at least until after we have a baby

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I have no idea if it will work. He ideally wanted to remove all the extra tissue that had grown and put it back together using different surgical methods, but that would put our baby making plans backk many months, and I didn't want to do that

I still have wires in my chest that were holding my sternum together (but are unecessary now) and I think one of them is causing some issues, but hopefully it will be fine at least until after we have a baby
Let's be positive and hope it works out well!!!

No need for you to undergo another big surgery if you don't absolutely have to for right now, especially if it will interrupt plans for trying to concieve a little one.
Hopefully this new solution will work just fine!

Can you feel the wires?

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Can you feel the wires?
I have one part of my scar which has less tissue underneath from the staph infection I got, and I can feel what I think is a wire.

There's also a lump a bit higher which is very sensitive and sore to the touch which I think is another wire that is irritating the tissue underneath.

I am kinda proud of my scar, but I wish it looked more normal!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I have one part of my scar which has less tissue underneath from the staph infection I got, and I can feel what I think is a wire.

There's also a lump a bit higher which is very sensitive and sore to the touch which I think is another wire that is irritating the tissue underneath.

I am kinda proud of my scar, but I wish it looked more normal!
You should definitely be proud of that scar! That scar means you're a survivor and that you've made it through a really tough obstical!

Is there any way that they can adjust the wires so it's not irritating you, or would that be pretty invasive?

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Is there any way that they can adjust the wires so it's not irritating you, or would that be pretty invasive?
They have to actually remove them, which isn't too major, but it involves cutting down to bone level, so they avoid it unless it's causing big problems.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

They have to actually remove them, which isn't too major, but it involves cutting down to bone level, so they avoid it unless it's causing big problems.
Yikes, that does not sound plesant to say the least! Will the wires eventually dissolve like some stitch material does, or are they there to stay until they're removed?