OMG, I about pooed my pants

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So I'm sitting here at the computer and I see this GINORMUS cricket crawling up the curtain next to me. Man I got out of there quick and made DH's Uncle get rid of it for me.
I know crickets are harmless but they scare the bajeebies out of me. So do grasshoppers. I love spiders though, how bass ackwards it that.
Guh, I'm still creeped out.

emy4cats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I don't LOVE spiders, but I never kill them because they are so good for the enviorment. They get throw back out side to go find a new home. Few other bugs are so lucky!! I hate grasshoppers and crickets!! I don't blame you for getting out of there. They just freak me out because they can jump so far.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Now, I will admit, grasshoppers do freak me out a little because not only do they jump...they fly too! That's just not right, that's like two super powers! (and my mom always said they spit tobacco juice...never understood that one. Anyone know if that is true?). Crickets I don't mind at all, but having one in the house CAN be very annoying when they are singing all night. But it is considered good luck to find a cricket in the house so maybe you'll win the lottery now (unless you killed it....you didn't kill it did you? If so, there goes your luck
)

We won't even talk about spiders......

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

Now, I will admit, grasshoppers do freak me out a little because not only do they jump...they fly too! That's just not right, that's like two super powers! (and my mom always said they spit tobacco juice...never understood that one. Anyone know if that is true?). Crickets I don't mind at all, but having one in the house CAN be very annoying when they are singing all night. But it is considered good luck to find a cricket in the house so maybe you'll win the lottery now (unless you killed it....you didn't kill it did you? If so, there goes your luck
)

I was going to kill it but then i remembered they're supposed to be good luck.

mer636

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
UGH I know the feeling but we get these creepy black ones in here! I almost had a heart attack when I saw it crawling on my carpet but ofcourse pepe being my hero was attacking it and trying to eat it

cocoalily

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like crickets. They always sit outside my window and "sing" - it's really kind of cute!
Grasshoppers are even better though...I've always loved them. Spiders, on the other hand, I can't stand. I'm extremely phobic about them.

baloneysmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
OMG I am a HUGE wimp when it comes to bugs…all bugs… yes, including flies
LOL. As much as I hate them I get really upset when someone kills one.

Whenever I see a bug I scream and cry like a little girl, my boyfriend comes to save the day and then we always bicker for 5 min over why he cant kill it and the bug usually gets away…. Then I spend the whole day/night paranoid that there is a bug in the house LOL happens all the time.

fuzzles

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

)

I'm not afraid of grasshoppers so I catch them all the time and even while fishing sometimes for bait. But anyway, if you hold onto them long enough they will have this dark brown liquid stuff come out of their mouth. My dad always calls it tobacco juice. It looks like what people that chew tobacco spit out. It is some sort of defense mechanism. I just found somewhere that they call it tobacco juice because a lot of times grasshoppers are found in tobacco fields, but like around our house, there aren't any so it's just something that they produce anyway and not actually due to tobacco.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, well it makes sense if you have tobacco fields, just never made sense around here. Especially when I was little and mom told me not to play with them because of the spitting thing....I always wanted to say "but Uncle Joe spits, and I can still play with him!".

krazycatlover

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
a cricket is that all. I got my husband a smoke n pit grill for christmas and decided to give it to him early I grabed a sleeping bag that hade been sitting on the patio to cover it up with so he could come and kinda unwrap it. Well when he lifted the sleeping bag off the grill there were not only a ton of crickets but there was also a female black widow there. So pretty much the sleeping bag will be going into the trash just to be safe.

This is what a black widow bite can do. It can actually be much worse but some of the pictures are to disgusting to post. The symptoms are horrible too.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...000/arm014.jpg