Hello from PA!

phillygal

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone, I am new here and happy to have found this forum! Cats are one of my absolutely favorite topics!

I recently (not quite 2 weeks ago) lost my tabby boy of 15 years, Casey. He was always a very healthy boy and became ill with kidney disease in early September. I was giving him sub-q fluids at home and his values were steadily improving, but he was not eating very much (for once in his life!) and became very weak. Eventually he had problems breathing and x-rays showed a mass that may have been either lung cancer or fluid in his lungs. His breathing became so shallow that there was nothing further that could be done.

We greatly miss him and the house seems very empty without him. He was a very good boy with a wonderful, loving personality.

I am in the process of adopting another cat and have already visited with one of the fosters. There are so many that need good homes! It will be a difficult choice, I know that.

I am happy to be here and hope to share many thoughts with you all. I will post a pic of Casey as soon as I can. And of course I will share my new friend with you when I bring him/her home.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

phillygal

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Graciecat

Hi and welcome to TCS

I'm so sorry to hear about Casey

I'm from PA also, but from the other side of the State.
Hi! I have family in western PA, in New Kensington. I love it there; we recently visited in September.

captiva

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awww... Lots of hugs
I'm sorry about Casey. They just can't be here long enough with us. I'm so glad you shared your story about him with us and we are looking forward to the pictures. Eventhough they will never replace your boy, I hope your next kitten helps to heal the wound you are feeling

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TheCatSite....
we understand how devastating a lose like yours can be.

Casey

Somewhere out there, is a kitten who needs a home...
I hope that you find each other soon.

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi there
we're so happy to get the chance to welcome you to TCS. I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay with us - we're one great big family and you'll find loads of friends here. If I can help at all while you're finding your way around TCS just click on my username and send me a Personal Message - I'll do what I can to answer your questions.

I'm so sorry to hear that you lost Casey recently - we lost our 12 year old girl Tippy to cancer just before Christmas last year. It is so difficult, my thoughts are with you

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hola y bienvenido a TCS, ...Catulina
y Milky
te saludan!!!

(Translate: Hi and Welcome to TCS, Catulina and Milky say hello to you!!!...
)
I´m so sorry for Casey....
...my condolences....

See you on the forums!

babygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi and welcome to TCS!
We are so glad you have joined us!

If I can help you with any questions you have about the site, please click on my username and send me a message.