10 days til I turn 26...

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
... and I think I'm feeling old. I'm on the wrong side of "heading for 30" and I still only feel 16 inside. Is this where I should start telling people I'm 21? And stay 21 forever?

mer636

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
ugh i'm turning 22 and I keep saying "akk im getting old" but some people tell me to shut up lol

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mer636

ugh i'm turning 22 and I keep saying "akk im getting old" but some people tell me to shut up lol
I used to say that too and now I am 22 and everyone keeps telling me to shut up and that I am not old.

emy4cats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Never look at your age, but where you are in life. Look at what you have learned over the years. Laugh at the stupid things you did 10 years ago. Age is just a number and honey 26 is nothing! Its all about how old you FEEL not how old you are.

I give this advice now, please remind me when my B-day comes up in Dec and I have a melt down over my age

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ckatz

someone please shoot me. why did i open this thread!!! gimme a break-old at 26.
I will be 26 in less than a weeks time and I to am feeling really old. Im done having children and life seems less exciting. Everyone forgets my birthday because I had my daughter 3 days before it, so the day I was released from the hospital with my first child was my birthday and no one remembered then, and no one will remember now which is ok I guess... I understand the old feeling tho

meowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just turned 27.

30 was always my "then i might be getting old" but I find the closer i get to 30, the less scary it seems.

Trust me, i feel about 17 so i feel ya. But, it really is all about where youre at in life. Try to acheive some things that are important to you, no matter how small. The more satisfied you feel at any age, the better.

And to everyone who is sick of us for fearing 30, well you were there too once
In 10 years we'll be complaining about turning 40...but lets not talk about that

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can agree with everything on here - I think I feel old because I look back and goodness, my son is 8 years old! The older and bigger he gets, the older I feel! I don't think there's a single person who could disagree with my saying that children make you feel older than you are!!

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Emy4cats

Never look at your age, but where you are in life. Look at what you have learned over the years. Laugh at the stupid things you did 10 years ago. Age is just a number and honey 26 is nothing! Its all about how old you FEEL not how old you are.

I give this advice now, please remind me when my B-day comes up in Dec and I have a melt down over my age
Great words of wisdom here. I love reminiscing but would never want to go back.

Originally Posted by Meowers

I just turned 27.

30 was always my "then i might be getting old" but I find the closer i get to 30, the less scary it seems.
I'll be 30 next year and feel the exact same way. I didn't feel old as 25-26 but thought by 30 I might... but I don't.

Originally Posted by glitch

I will be 26 in less than a weeks time and I to am feeling really old. Im done having children and life seems less exciting. Everyone forgets my birthday because I had my daughter 3 days before it, so the day I was released from the hospital with my first child was my birthday and no one remembered then, and no one will remember now which is ok I guess... I understand the old feeling tho
Originally Posted by LilleKat

I can agree with everything on here - I think I feel old because I look back and goodness, my son is 8 years old! The older and bigger he gets, the older I feel! I don't think there's a single person who could disagree with my saying that children make you feel older than you are!!
It's funny, I just had a similar conversation with a coworker. Her oldest son is turning 18 this week. She was 19 when she had him. I told her that the perk is now she won't be too old to enjoy her "single" adult life and she agreed and also mentioned that by having them so young she was able (and willing)to do more with them... like rollercoasters.

althekitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am 26, will be 27 next March, I can't believe it. Thing is though, I don't have any children yet, I am only just learning to drive and I am a secretary, not exactly high flying. I worry that I will get to 40 and wonder what I have done with my life. I have to say too, I feel about 18 still