Cat Championship

tutti_bella

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hey guys,

I just came back from the CFA show at MSG, NY and have a question about the judges.

I was at a show ring and this judge kept looking at the wristwatch and asking how many more to go. It's a tad annoying really and I think that the judge didn't actually give a fair amount of time when judging each cat. One of the cat was taken out of the cage, and the judge gave very little explanation as to what was going on, leaving most of us gaping (the judge appears to be mishandling the cat! THUD!). The judge simply gave the cat a once over and that's it. With another, the judge actually use a wand toy to interact and checking the cat more thoroughly. Wow ... if you are a show contender, would you say anything about this judge or would you just take in in a stride, not wanting to offend this person who has the power to place your cat in a show? I find it very strange that no one said anything, or maybe someone did say something to the organizer.

kitytize

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe you should email CFA about your observations of this judge.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sometimes judges (especially on a Sunday) have a plane to catch. He may have been taking too long at the start or a longer lunch. I do agree, its not fair to shortchange the cats because you can't manage your time in judging.

I've seen it many times. In fact, a judge that has finalled Charlie in the past (and as an open too), IMO shortchanged him at the last show and didn't put him up.

If she had, he probably would have gotten the necessary points to grand! Now Charlie will go to another show to get one or two finals to grand.

I usually don't say much about it - its not a constant thing done. But I would remember that judge and maybe not show under them again. You CAN withdraw your cat from a ring if you choose - let the clerk know it before they put the numbers up. You don't have to give a reason - just say you are not putting your cat up in the ring and to please mark it absent. Then show in the other rings.

ferriscat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by tutti_bella

Hey guys,
I was at a show ring and this judge kept looking at the wristwatch and asking how many more to go. It's a tad annoying really and I think that the judge didn't actually give a fair amount of time when judging each cat. One of the cat was taken out of the cage, and the judge gave very little explanation as to what was going on, leaving most of us gaping (the judge appears to be mishandling the cat! THUD!). The judge simply gave the cat a once over and that's it. With another, the judge actually use a wand toy to interact and checking the cat more thoroughly. Wow ... if you are a show contender, would you say anything about this judge or would you just take in in a stride, not wanting to offend this person who has the power to place your cat in a show? I find it very strange that no one said anything, or maybe someone did say something to the organizer.
Tried to send you a PM, do you have that option turned off?