What part of your body does your cat like most?

hwangster

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My old cat loves to sleep on my lap when I am using my computer or watching TV, but my new cat hates being on my lap, and likes to rest against my thigh when I am lying down.

Where does your cat snuggle up against? Let's hear them!

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So funny you should ask! Maia in the cooler seasons is completely drawn to my 'middle body'! For example when I am sleeping I sleep on my stomach often with my legs bent. She loves to curl up in the nook behind my knees! I have to be aware of her sleeping there if I attempt to move or change positions in my sleep, always in the cooler seasons! Her second favorite place to curl up and settle in is on my chest when I am lying in bed, just like when she was a kitten and actually fit!

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Hwangster

My old cat loves to sleep on my lap when I am using my computer or watching TV, but my new cat hates being on my lap, and likes to rest against my thigh when I am lying down.

Where does your cat snuggle up against? Let's hear them!
Persi likes to sit with me and push his body against mine. Alley now controls the bed and she likes to sleep on my chest.

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My face she loves to head butt me, then lick my face.
She also loves to rub against my face, because I just love hair up my nose and in my mouth

tsarinanikol

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Each of my cats relishes a different part of my body. My little tom cat Guntar loves sleeping curled up against my back, my oldest cat, Annikki, sleeps beside my pillow, and Persephone... well, her favorite part of my body is whatever she's stepping on while I'm trying to sleep.
Of course, she quickly becomes bored with this body part, and steps (or leaps!) onto another one, purring loudly. This is fine, except those nights when she decides to favor my bladder or other internals. Can't say I like having that jumped on violently.

piikki

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ossi has the most definite fave spot. When I am lounging on couch/bed he will come and demand that I will straighten my legs and make his 'crack' available. He wants to lay between my lower legs, preferably with blankie thrown in for comfort. He will push me on my thighs if I have my knees bent up to get me in the right position.

At night Ossi's fave position is behind bent knees.

Both Teppo and Kille like to snuggle in armpit or just next to belly. Teppo with his head on top of me and Kille with his head tightly tucked in.

going nova

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nova is obsessed with my hair. I have to tuck it under my head when I sleep because she licks and gnaws and pulls it. The other day, I was watching TV, and my boyfriend caught her trying to swipe at my head from her cat tree. She was right above me, so I didn't really see what she was up to.

hesster

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Willow likes my feet the best. When I'm sitting in a chair with my shoes off, she comes up and rubs her head against them for some 'footsie scritching'. Gizmo likes my lap. He's always trying to climb into it as soon as I sit down.

musicalbookworm

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Marmalade loves my feet! She'll sleep between my feet when I am at the computer and rubs on my feet constantly. Bast and Loud Mouth both love my lap.

Angie

howtoholdacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hemmy is a lap cat. When I'm sleeping (often on my stomach) Friday will lay on my butt! If I lay any other way he'll stick himself to my side and it's very uncomfortable! Kit loves my feet and Seti is fascinated with my face. He loves to pat it with his paws!

kkh

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by krazy kat2

Whatever part will keep me from being comfortable.

Ku Ku recently started jumping onto my stomach, then walking around(ouch!) when I go to sleep. Unless I move around to let her off, she'd be staying there, sphinxing, then finally curling up and taking a catnap... She's heavy & squashing me.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hwangster

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She just wants to hold you down in case the earth loses gravity.

kkh

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Hwangster

She just wants to hold you down in case the earth loses gravity.

Or maybe she's telling me "mom, you'd need to go on diet, this waterbed is too wobbly"...

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ginger likes to snooze on my lap when I watch TV in the recliner chair. Don't have to be reclined, if I am in that chair, there is a cat planted on my lap. She generally will wait till she senses I have to get up and go pee before she flops onto me all cute and snuggly, normally trapping one arm in the process and now I have to tinkle and my arm is asleep. *sigh* She is so cute though and it was a long road to get her to this point I don't have the heart to move her!
She also has decided sleeping above my head on my (now her) pillow is just awsome, so I am woken up with cat feet in my face when she moves or stretches. Works both ways though, I have gotten her a few time stretching myself knocking her in the head. That is usually met by a disgruntled "Meow!" then back to sleep for both of us.

beturtlement

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
When Niko was a kitten, he used to love to curl up on my chest, just beneath my chin... he was like a fuzzy, purring li'l scarf. Then he got too big to do that without suffocating me.
Nowadays, his favorite spot is my stomach. If I'm laying on my back, he's stretched out on my stomach with his head on my boobs. If I'm on my side, he's either laying along the length of my waist and hip, or he's curled up in a ball around my tummy. Sometimes, when wearing a baggy t-shirt, he'll back himself up into it with just his head sticking out the bottom.

However, or wherever, I sit or lay around the house, he's usually pressed up against some part of me or settled /on/ me. My mom jokes with me that I've acquired a hairy, 13 lb. appendage within the last year and a half.

wyatturpsmom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Let's see. Wyatt
loved my lap, all the time, slept on the pillow so we were face to face. Lilly-Rose, lap any/all time, prefers sleeping between my legs. Chandler Ray, lap any/all time (sometimes will try to inch out Lilly-Rose). Tweety isn't a cuddler at all, but will come for pets, following me into the bathroom especially. Toby crawls under the covers (hates it if I have pjs on) and when he thinks I've been on the computer too long, will come sit on the keyboard (it's a laptop). Sammy
would snuggle next to me on the couch or chair and had to be touching me on the bed, in chest area. Aragorn
liked to be picked up and kissed (would kiss other's on demand) and liked to lick and chew my hair. Oh, and when I would first wake up, Wyatt would sit on my chest so we were nose-to-nose, sometimes reaching out to pat my face.