Got some good shots of the collection (snakes)

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm up to three, with four more on the way!

My male pastel

My female normal that came with the pastel male

Pastel and normal female together

Normal male (belongs to little sis, but mom hates snakes so he's with me)

He's got a white "X" on him

Where they live, I made it myself, and it still needs a bit of work
But you get the idea. I'm still painting too...

I usually have hides and water bowls in all the tubs, but I was cleaning. I'm sure you noticed Enzo. He LOVES the snake room, and believe it or not he, nor the other kitties, bother the snakes. Enzo especially loves laying on top of the rack and soaking up the heat.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If they were all together would they fight or would they all just climb all over each other like the 2 together are?

Some of the close up pics their faces look friendly.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CATTYBIRD

Good shots of those gorgeous snakes! In the second picture it looks like he's trying to make himself into a heart shape.
Thanks
He is trying to make a heart shape

Originally Posted by Pami

If they were all together would they fight or would they all just climb all over each other like the 2 together are?

Some of the close up pics their faces look friendly.
I think they are all really docile towards each other.

They are friendly
I think they might be happy to see me when I go in the snake room! They poke their little heads out of their hides
The babies are a little over zealous about protecting their homes, but once you take them out they are calm and happy.

Originally Posted by bnwalker2

They are gorgeous!
Thanks!

ninacaliente

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Gorgeous snakes! You did a great job making your rack too.

What are the other four you have coming?

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by TabbyCalicoGurl

Your snakes are beautiful
Originally Posted by NinaCaliente

Gorgeous snakes! You did a great job making your rack too.

What are the other four you have coming?
I picked up another normal male Monday night. I've got some fun projects in mind for him. I've also got two normal females and a possible het clown coming in the mail when they are ready.

This is the normal male I just got. He's dark and has a lot of doughnut shapes on his back. The normal female I picked out with the pastel also has some doughnuts and I would like to breed them to see if the doughnuts are genetic. Then from there, I would like to try passing the doughnuts on to other morphs!

These are the two normal girls I'm getting. I don't have a picture of the possible het clown male, I deleted it

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here's a couple shed pictures I took last week.

A cool one of my pastel

The normal male a few days before shed, don't they look scary!!!

katch4

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Wow...beautiful snakes! Love the "X" mark and the doughnut shapes would be interesting to see if that is genetic!
The shed pics are awesome...they do look a little scary lol

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm not a lover of snakes, but they really are beautiful and they look so gentle. I would pick one up and hold it I'm sure.

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Katch4

Wow...beautiful snakes! Love the "X" mark and the doughnut shapes would be interesting to see if that is genetic!
The shed pics are awesome...they do look a little scary lol
The X is really cool! I'm hoping is just gets brighter as he gets older! And I'm REALLY hoping those doughnuts are genetic!

Originally Posted by Yosemite

I'm not a lover of snakes, but they really are beautiful and they look so gentle. I would pick one up and hold it I'm sure.
I wasn't either till I met a Ball Python. They are awesome and not aggressive at all. They are a little unpredictable when they are young and they are a bit "sassy" when they are in shed, but I've yet to be bit! They calm down once you get them out of the tub and hold them. I try to hold them all at least twice a week, but I'm power feeding the smaller ones and you can't hold them for 2-3 days after they eat.

punkygirl0101

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Very nice!! I like snakes, but like rats even better so could never own a snake (unless it was a proven f/t eater as I don't believe in feeding live and would never.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are you considering getting them bigger enclosures... or do you have them out often? Those tubs seem a little small to be living in all the time.

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Punkygirl0101

Very nice!! I like snakes, but like rats even better so could never own a snake (unless it was a proven f/t eater as I don't believe in feeding live and would never.
I'm trying to get them all switched over to f/t rats, they are so very picky when they are young, but I hope to have all my snakes on f/t. When they are babies that's not really an option, BPs are terribly finicky eaters. That's the only down side of having BPs.

Originally Posted by twstychik

Are you considering getting them bigger enclosures... or do you have them out often? Those tubs seem a little small to be living in all the time.
Once they hit 400 grams they will be moved up to the next size, then again at 700ish grams, and again at 1000 if I'm remembering right. As of right now no one is over 400 grams and my biggest one is my little sister's male who has just made it past the 300 mark. They might seem like small enclosures, but BPs are VERY picky about their homes. If they don't feel safe in a small place they will refuse to eat and kill themselves eventually. If you talk to any breeder, or any person who keeps more than a couple BPs I can almost guarantee they use the same method I'm using (grams and tubs). It's the most economical, secure, and the snakes prefer smaller areas, they don't roam.