I seem to have lost a cat...

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Apparently, JoJo can now become invisible. She was begging me for food, since they'd both inhaled their breakfast earlier. I gave her a greenie and then walked away to give Jack one... I turned back around to give her another one and she had vanished. She normally goes berzerk for those... I then, after looking in every nook and crannie where she typically (and atypically) hangs out... nothing, nada, zip. She's been acting oddly the last few days, but in spurts... I have no clue what's up with her. I even broke down a few minutes ago and put some dry food in the bowls, to entice her out of hiding... nothing. Jack is happy though...

The only place she could be at this rate is the walk in closet I'm working at clearing out. management is going to do their inspections, and they'll have a fit if they can't reach the water heater, which is behind the door. So, I'm clearing stuff out of there... I know I'm a really bad packrat... I have an idea for organizing it, but no money to get the shelving.

Yes, I am a bit worried... well a little more than a bit... this is kind of unlike her... she's normally my Furry Shadow. No doors have been opened to the outside since i last saw her.

Amanda

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's certainly earning her nickname of DC (short of D*** Cat)... i found her. She discovered she could squeeze her 15 pound butt into a small space under the head of my bed... brat. I was really starting to worry... normally she lounges out in the open... dunno... maybe Jack needs his meds... from what I've seen in the past, she only starts hiding for naps when he's getting wild and bossy... someone needs his prozac...

Amanda

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Naughty JoJo scaring your meowmy like that!
Isn't it amazing the places a cat can squeeze into?
Good luck with the inspection!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by RubSluts'Mommy

She's been acting oddly the last few days, but in spurts... I have no clue what's up with her. I even broke down a few minutes ago and put some dry food in the bowls, to entice her out of hiding... nothing.
It sounds like she might not be feeling well. I would suggest taking her to the vet for a checkup. Changes in their behaviour are often indicative of illness, especially when they turn down their favourite treats.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My only problem is that, although I have the time, I have no money. I've been off work for medical reasons for nearly a month... they're both due for their annual. I may need a forklift to get them upstairs, in the car, and then back out and into the vets office.

JoJo has typically been the 'healthy as a horse' one... where Jack has cost me well over 1K in vet bills in his 6 years. She's 6 and a half now... nearing the Senior age range, so I know problems tend to show up as they get older... I'll have to talk to my dad... as he'd be the one to fund it, but money is tight for him as well...

JoJo is back up on the bed now... purring when I pet her. I'll see how willing she is at supper. If she doesn't beg or come out for food, i'll call the vet. She's usually the one to yowl at me when it's time for food.

Amanda