I cant be the only person who spoons with their dog!

baloneysmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Lol yes… the title is correct… I spoon with my dog. Why is this gross to people? Bruno gets scared at night if he cant see me so he likes to sleep right next to me on the bed. Now that its getting colder outside and we are still using the fan (white noise, my obnoxious cats play ALL night and it drowns out the noise) I wake up and Bruno is shivering on the bed beside me.

Because my little booboo is so cold at night I have begun letting him crawl into bed under the covers, his head on my pillow, I cover him, put my arm and around him and this is how we sleep every night… Either with me or his Daddy, whoever he chooses to cuddle with that night. Then Capone sleeps off and on on my pillow over my head and Bugsy sleeps on top of his Daddy or snuggled right beside him.

I think it’s the cutest thing that Bruno sleeps like that every night. He is the first dog I ever had that lets me smother him with cuddles… my other dogs used to get upset if I cuddled too much.

I was telling my work friends this the other day, there were 5 of us, all but one looked at me in disgust! I accused them of being jealous LOL. They are friends so I didn’t really care if they thought it was gross. I don’t understand why they think its gross though! He gets a bath 2x a week due to Daycare making him all muddy and dusty… but even if he didn’t get 2 baths a week, I would never give up my nightly spoon with my puppy LOL.

Just thought id share.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I'm in the group that dogs don't sleep in bed with me (cats can tho). We have a lab and she's been taught by previous owners NOT to get on couches or beds. She has her own bed to curl up in.

Personally I'd much rather spoon with my husband then with a dog

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

baloneysmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Bruno has a bed. He only just recently began sleeping with us. He has these extreme nightmares where he will start yelping, and crying very loudly… every night ....its actually quite scary. He once woke up so abruptly that he smashed his face against the wall and ended up with a bump on his nose. That was when he started sleeping with us… his nightmares have since stopped. I don’t mind sharing the bed with my dog. My shepherd back home slept with me every night, at the foot of the bed though. Bruno is just such a baby… its hard to kick him off.

Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

As for the above… My boyfriend and I still sleep cuddling, I have my arm around Bruno, and he has his arm around Bruno, and I. Or vice versa, depending on which side Bruno is on. Its like a three person spoon LOL.

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our boy Carmelo, used to sleep in the bed with my wife and I and he would suck my thumb too. I really mis that, now that he lives outside.

nekochan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love to cuddle up with my dog Ginger. She sleeps next to me at night so yeah sometimes I am in a spoon type position. I taught her to get up on the bed so her head is near the pillow and her back is facing me, otherwise if her feet were facing me she would end up falling off the bed onto her back in the middle of the night! I usually fall asleep with my head next to her ear and my hand on her side. She also makes a very good "space heater" under the blankets in the winter!

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My dog loves to be spooned while I lay on the sofa, so does a few of the kitties

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't think theres anything wrong in that at all?!

Jack's my little spooner, the closer he can get to me the better because he's quite a clingy cat
Suits me fine though

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't exactly spoon, but like Bruno, since the weather's gotten colder, Vino has been getting under the covers but he wedges himself against my back. He keeps me warm too! I think it's great that Bruno is a cuddle buddy

kitytize

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I spoon with my dog! It is the reason why my dog sleeps in my bed because I wanted to be able to cuddle with her at night

2dogmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You're in good company - a LOT of dog owners let the dogs sleep in the bed.
We have two, and one sleeps curled up at my feet. The other gets into bed when I go to bed but gets out when hubby joins me. They both make pretty good hot water bottles.

faith's_mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

Me too!

My dogs aren't allowed on furniture either, although hubby sometimes doesn't agree with it...Lol; and this is someone who didn't want dogs in the house really at all...
go figure!

ladylonewolf

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'd think that you're far from the only person!

My beagle slept in my bed, head on the pillow, under the covers, curled up next to me with my arm around her - for 16 years. And I loved every second of it (even though she snored like a hibernating bear). My ex-fiance's dog also liked to snuggle up with me at night. I'll be honest - they were warmer than any blanket ever could have been!

Now I'm doing it all over again, except it's with a cat. My husband works nights so Snickers is free to climb in bed with me all week long. He likes to curl behind my knees. And he also snores, just like my dog used to. LOL.

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, three dogs in the bed at night. The 65 pounder is the best cuddle bug ever, another likes to be under the covers, another just likes to lay on your feet. Two must have pillows or they can't sleep well. Seriously, my bed is not a bed if it is missing a dog. I sleep better with a dog. I grew up like this too. My husband and I can still cuddle and be close. It isn't a problem.
We have three very nice dog beds with blankets around the house for hanging out. All dogs are allowed on the couch whenever but wait to be given a command to come up on the bed. We get comfortable first, then they are allowed on up.
Now, for the kitty kitty kitty. The cat is annoying to sleep with, 3 dogs are better than one cat. She comes and goes, buries herself in the blankets but likes to move a lot and grooms herself, then grooms the dogs, then kneads, etc.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Originally Posted by faith's_mom

Me too!

My dogs aren't allowed on furniture either, although hubby sometimes doesn't agree with it...Lol; and this is someone who didn't want dogs in the house really at all...
go figure!
She didnt ask who you would rather spoon, she asked do you spoon with your dog. Like we choose to spend our lives spooning our dogs and not our SO's, ok

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

She didnt ask who you would rather spoon, she asked do you spoon with your dog. Like we choose to spend our lives spooning our dogs and not our SO's, ok
um yeah.
My thoughts too.

faith's_mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

I think my answer was pretty obvious...both ways...Lol!
And I have to disagree with the latter part of your statement...we choose to get married, or have 'close' relationships with our SOs, so in a way, we choose to sleep with them too! Besides my hubby snores, and is 'furry' enough, let alone having shedding canines on the bed too

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You were agreeing with someone who said "Personally I'd rather spoon with my husband than with a dog", while several others in this thread were saying they did spoon with their dog. I said in reference to that, we dont walk into a room and see our dog and then our SOs and say "Gee, I think I will spoon with my dog tonight instead of my SO". The point being, you can spoon with both, its not an either/or situation.

And for the record, I have a Bichon, hes not a shedding canine, but even if he was, his hair wouldnt keep me from having him around me, on my furniture and on my bed, I would just vacuum it.

Originally Posted by faith's_mom

I think my answer was pretty obvious...both ways...Lol!
And I have to disagree with the latter part of your statement...we choose to get married, or have 'close' relationships with our SOs, so in a way, we choose to sleep with them too! Besides my hubby snores, and is 'furry' enough, let alone having shedding canines on the bed too

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
All of our 3 dogs are snugglers and will spoon with me in a heartbeat. They are allowed on the sofa (after they ask permission) but never in bed. The bed is reserved for cat spooning.

Our dog Sam loves to spoon with our cat Stumpy. There have been times when I've been spooning with Sam while he spoons with Stumpy. One day we'll get a picture of it.

Many years ago when we had 5 dogs and about 15 cats (not the same dogs as we have now), we let them in bed with us. One night I woke up to 5 dogs and 8 cats in bed with us. Talk about not being able to move! Hey - it was cold outside and it was a heated waterbed!