Kitten bites real hard how do i stop her? Also intro resident cat vs Kitten?

alphaqforever24

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
12 week old kitten biting harder and harder as she gets older. Attacks my arm and hand at times when i try to pet her. Ok soo the kitten isnt mine but my gfs. it lives at her house but 4 out of the 7 days of the week she brings her over. I am trying to get my cat to be friend my gf's kitten but no go. What i do is put them both in cages and let them face each other, my cat juss hisses and makes noise. while the kitten is scared as hell. Is what im doin right? what else can i do.

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Here are lots of suggestions on cat introductions.
But the cage thing is not a good idea. You are stressing both the kitten and your own cat.
To avoid the biting, you can start by petting her only when she wants to be petted and only for a short time.

journey

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by alphaqforever24

12 week old kitten biting harder and harder as she gets older. Attacks my arm and hand at times when i try to pet her. Ok soo the kitten isnt mine but my gfs. it lives at her house but 4 out of the 7 days of the week she brings her over. I am trying to get my cat to be friend my gf's kitten but no go. What i do is put them both in cages and let them face each other, my cat juss hisses and makes noise. while the kitten is scared as hell. Is what im doin right? what else can i do.
Also, the bringing cats back and forth thing probably doesn't help. You're not giving the kitten a chance to get used to the environment. Just switching her back and forth all the time.