Back from home depot interview

fuzzles

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
they're looking for part time people during the week, which I like! from about 10am to 4pm in the evenings sometimes up to 6 they told me. They had my interview time scheduled wrong and for 4pm so I sat in that lady's office for an hour before she showed up. They don't give discounts, only like a 25%off card for a one time purchase around christmas, and you only get pay raises once a year. I didn't ask how much it payed, but its better than nothing or even sitting at home doing nothing all day. There were multiple cashier positions so hopefully I can get one of them.

But yeah, I should've just worn jeans instead of dress pants. Everyone that works there wears t-shirts and jeans it looks like. I took a copy of my resume with me and she said they weren't allowed to take resumes
I don't understand that. Oh, and if an employee wants to, they can purchase Home Depot stock at a lower price.

I think it went well, we talked for over an hour and not just about the questions asked. I also had a few questions to ask her at the end. I hope I get it.

Thanks for the vibes everyone!

whisky'sdad

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Good luck on getting it. I can't get past those "Personality Questionaires" they give.

I will never work corporate retail ever again! Customer Service is non-existent in those places....it's not the associates, its the management. If the management would care about the employees instead of just the bottom line, the employees would enjoy helping the customers...

Oops, sorry for ramblin...

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lots of vibes!!!

I used to know a girl who worked at WalMart. Her husband got a job there too. HomeDepot was hiring so he applied there and got the job. They were paying a couple dollars more than WalMart was paying him. I think it was around $9.00 per hour, which is above minimum wage where they live in California.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, while it's only temporary, if you're near a Toys R Us store, they are hiring right now for the Christmas season. In fact, we're hiring at the DC, and starting pay there is $12.50/hr with lots of overtime for the next 2 months.

That would be true of almost any DC. Wal-Mart, Target, almost any store company.

monaxlisa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

Well, while it's only temporary, if you're near a Toys R Us store, they are hiring right now for the Christmas season. In fact, we're hiring at the DC, and starting pay there is $12.50/hr with lots of overtime for the next 2 months.

That would be true of almost any DC. Wal-Mart, Target, almost any store company.
Wow! I just got hired for seasonal at LL Bean (customer service rep) and the pay is 9.43.

For the job! Over an hour at the interview, wow! That's gotta be a good sign! Im really surprised you dont get a discount

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds like the interview went great! And, it's always good to dress up for the interview regardless of what the dress code is. It shows that you are a professional, and take the interview seriously. NEVER a bad thing! And, when you get it (not if...when) I would definitely take advantage of the stock options!