You have to be joking!!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I joined a Women's Horticultural Association a couple of weeks ago and all the women who joined got tickets for some donated GC and assorted prizes.

So I got a call from one of the officers stating a "won" a GC to a local florist/greenhouse.

Cool I said. I didn't ask the amount but there were some nice fused glass platters also for prizes so I figured maybe about $25.

Got it in the mail yesterday and the amount.....$5. Yep $5!!

Its going to cost me almost that much in gas to drive there. (but then I remembered they have a smaller location that isn't to far out of the way).

But really-I can't buy hardly anything for that amount without paying out of my pocket. I'm gonna feel stupid using it....

That was a "donation" from this place-geesh I just donated over $100 worth of my time and plants to my cat rescue without a blink!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe I can one or two real flowers to buy!! They have a teeny gift shop -I've been in there before not much in the $5 range!!

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
They give us a $5 Toys R Us gift certificate for our birthday. Doesn't go far!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Reminds me of the time the office director gave all the employees a "thank you" for working hard on a project - it was a card from one of the local food vendors in our building. I figured it would be about $5 worth........it was for a grand total of $2 off one of the fruit drinks.........big deal! The drinks were $5-6 to start!

I never did use mine. Figered the least they could do was give you ONE free juice.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

I joined a Women's Horticultural Association a couple of weeks ago and all the women who joined got tickets for some donated GC and assorted prizes.

So I got a call from one of the officers stating a "won" a GC to a local florist/greenhouse.

Cool I said. I didn't ask the amount but there were some nice fused glass platters also for prizes so I figured maybe about $25.

Got it in the mail yesterday and the amount.....$5. Yep $5!!

Its going to cost me almost that much in gas to drive there. (but then I remembered they have a smaller location that isn't to far out of the way).

But really-I can't buy hardly anything for that amount without paying out of my pocket. I'm gonna feel stupid using it....

That was a "donation" from this place-geesh I just donated over $100 worth of my time and plants to my cat rescue without a blink!
Well, at least you won something

They probably donated more than one $5.00 certificate though. Probably several others also received one.

belongstoevie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

I never did use mine. Figered the least they could do was give you ONE free juice.
I have to agree, but that's just me! You know they do that just to lure you in there and force you to spend out of pocket! I'd be insulted...

But hopefully you're not and you will use it and enjoy it!