Some Halloween creepiness

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I heard something similar in Evansville. I have friend who has a goof marker in her yard.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds like a great way to reuse the stone. I'd love to have a granite walkway. I wonder what color of granite they used? With that many it might be a mix - which would look interesting.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's an interesting way to reuse mistakes...as long as they WERE mistakes! It would still be kind of creepy if you didn't know, but I bet it is a gorgeous walkway. I'll just stick to our little cement squares from Lowes though, thank you.

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How cool... I would have turned them face up, though.
I'm fascinated by graveyards, they make me feel peaceful. (I spent many, many days of my childhood hiding out in a graveyard because I had nowhere else to go to escape the abuse at home.)

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SwampWitch

How cool... I would have turned them face up, though.
I'm fascinated by graveyards, they make me feel peaceful. (I spent many, many days of my childhood hiding out in a graveyard because I had nowhere else to go to escape the abuse at home.)
I've always been fascinated with graveyards too. One that was just a block up from my street was awesome! Some of the graves were dated back to the mid 1800's (they were hard to read) and it had crypts and everything. I would spend hours riding my bike or walking in there. It was such a peaceful place. It's rumored that this cemetery was the back ground for the original "Night of the living dead", but I have yet to confirm it.

Here is a link to my favorite graveyard:
http://www.judgedavidlynn.com/Rose_Hill_Cemetery.htm

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

...Here is a link to my favorite graveyard:
http://www.judgedavidlynn.com/Rose_Hill_Cemetery.htm
Very cool! You have been there in person?

Here is a quick pic with my MacBook - we have this in our kitchen - the shelves are pretty high and we turn on the lights for parties:

It is a duplicate from this tombstone in Old Burial Hill, Marblehead, Massachusetts:

http://www.oldburialhill.org/ministe...sters_02a.html

I lived in Boston for three years (Cambridge), and really loved the graveyards there. I would like to have the tombstone over our fireplace, but that turns out to be a little too macabre for many of our guests.

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's a great way to recycle stones with errors on them....
I don't find that creepy at all. As was said, if they marked real graves, THEN it would be creepy