I feel bad, need a place to vent :(

mommysmeows

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My husband brought home an ADOPTED dog today... She was really cute, but then she tried to kill our other dog! We can't keep her, ughhh, nothing like adopting to save a life just to return her. I feel like crap! My dog went up to sniff her and "bam" - Instant kill. Geesh...

othie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MommysMeows

My husband brought home an ADOPTED dog today... She was really cute, but then she tried to kill our other dog! We can't keep her, ughhh, nothing like adopting to save a life just to return her. I feel like crap! My dog went up to sniff her and "bam" - Instant kill. Geesh...
I wouldn't feel bad. I know its hard, but what kind of life would he have with you if he couldn't even get along with your current pets? isn't it better that he finds the right home?

I know alot of shelters let you have a "trail" run with them, so this must be something they are used to, even if this one doesn't offer it. Back when I lived at home we always had atleast one dog and atleast one cat, we tried to adopt a few times and had to return them when they tried to eat the cats...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mommysmeows

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yeah, we didnt even get a chance to introduce the cats! She tried to murder my dachshund before that ever took place and that was DONE, adjustments were to be expected... but not VIOLENT. lol We have small kids, what if that had been a kid and she had actually gotten the bite? Owww
She was such a pretty baby, though.

I hope she finds a good home for herself with some one who has no other animals or kids!

lsanders

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Most shelters have you bring in your current dog to meet the one you want to adopt before going through the trouble of the adoption process only to find out they're incompatible- would this be an option for you?