TCS Education Poll!

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was just curious to find out what sort of education we have here on TCS! I'll try my best to make a poll choice for everyone on TCS!

Ok....I tried my best to make a poll option for everyone! Choose one option and if you want you can add your other degrees in your post!

Thanks everyone for your input! I've always wondered what types of education we have here on TCS!

Don't feel obligated to tell us which option you chose.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'll start off. I'm currently working on my BA degree at the University of Iowa. I'll be a SENIOR in the spring!!!! YIKES!

I also have my AA degree from Kirkwood Community College.

sandtigress

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Got my B.S. from Texas A&M in Biomedical Science a few years back, and now I'm working on my Ph.D in Genetics - I'll hopefully officially be a Ph.D candidate in about a month's time!

Afterwards, I'm hoping to get my MS in genetic counseling. The two schools I'm looking at so far are Boston University (my first choice) and U.T. Medical Center in Houston. I still have a loooot of school left.

I think you did a pretty good job on the poll!

peachytoday

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Great poll. I received my bachelors degree in accounting from the University of Maryland.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I got my Associates in Interior Design from a local school a few years ago. I'd have gone on for my bachelors, but I'd already gotten married and moving for school wasn't an option with DH in the military at the time.

I'm looking at going back and getting into some kind of counseling field now. I loved Interior Design, I just don't see a future in that here.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Those things don't mean the same here in Canada I don't think so I chose other...I have a College Diploma.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am working on my BA! will be a few years yet as I'm only going part-time

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Go figure this one out. I'm a college drop out with a Master's Certificate in Business Planning. I've been invited to teach at colleges in spite of the fact that I've never made it thru one. I put myself down as "other". I guess I might have qualified for the Technical Degree.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
I have a BS in nursing. After working for a few years I went back and did two years of a Master's Degree program in a different field. I completed all the classroom work but didn't finish my thesis. I put BS as my highest degree because I'm not still working on the Master's, probably won't ever finish it. The degree was never my goal, anyway. I just wanted to learn something.

sport

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Went to the University of Rhode Island for 2 years.....then ran out of money and had to drop out. Got a job as a restaurant manager.....had an accident, became permanently disabled, and here I am

Rob

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Right now I'm working on my AA at Cincinnati State Technical and Community College. Afterwards, it's on to NKU to work on BA (History) and then a Masters and PHD. At least that's the plan. Do you have to earn a masters before you can earn a phd?

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

I received my Bachelors in Politics from the University of Essex in England

a small point, a BA or BSc in England is only 3 years for most people
3 years here too. And in Australia, there is so much more then a BA or BS. For example, I'm currently doing a Bachelor of Business (BBus), and will change over to a Bachelor of Nursing (BNur), and DH was doing a Bachelor of Information Technology (BIT).

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a Bachelor's in Business Management from a small college in Vermont. Eventually, I want to pursue my Master's.

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have an Associate in Applied Science (Surgical Technology), Associate in Applied Science, (Nursing), both from Delta College. I have a BSN from Ferris State University. I've been toying with the idea of going back for my Master's, but haven't really looked into any programs yet.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Originally Posted by Essayons89

Do you have to earn a masters before you can earn a phd?
It depends on the field. My sister went directly from a BS to a PhD in chemistry. If you have a specific program in mind, you could ask about the requirements.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i have
2 year general studies,
2 year degree in computers,
2 year degree in engenerring( this was by mistake found out i only needed 2 class to get it, so yea what the heck

4 year degree from kent state in avation & business,

i am set up to take masters program in history at cleveland state, But the writting part scares me, since i have major issues with that

tech wise, mcsa, ccnp(kinda working on the ccie but not hurting myself)