I have an interview!

fuzzles

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I got called to set up an interview today with Home Depot for a cashiering position. I have 3.5 years of cashiering experience so I hope I have a chance at getting it. This will just be temporary for while I'm still hunting for a salaried job. I definetely dont' want to be working as a cashier the rest of my life with a masters degree LOL. I'm excited though. I really need the income to help the poor boyfriend pay bills. I'm not sure if its for a full or part time position yet, but I'm hoping its full time because I have the time and really need the money badly. Just wanted to ad that the interview isn't until Sunday at 3 so I still have a while before it happens.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fuzzles

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
LOL I was wondering the same thing. I'm going to take advantage of that discount if I get a job there! I'm sure my family will get me to buy them stuff too :p since my dad is a trim carpenter and so is my brother-in-law LOL. I think Lowes gives 10-20% off on items and then opened items I think are even more. I had a friend working at Lowes that got a really cheap washer because it was open and had a few dings/ scratches on it that the people didn't want. Hopefully Home Depot is just as generous as Lowes is.

tortiefan23

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
They are going to start you off very well on the pay. Congrats! That's an excellent opportunity to build you career.. you get promotions and raises like crazy there... i think cashier's start off at $10 and that's without experience! GOOD LUCK!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good luck sweetie, I hope you get it!!! Lots of vibes headed your way!!!!

I am in your boat too! I had an interview this morning and another one in a few minutes!!! I'm praying we both get good jobs soon!

fuzzles

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by tortiefan23

They are going to start you off very well on the pay. Congrats! That's an excellent opportunity to build you career.. you get promotions and raises like crazy there... i think cashier's start off at $10 and that's without experience! GOOD LUCK!
WOW $10/hr. I was only getting 8.75 at my other cashiering job before I quit. It was also on campus though and campus jobs don't pay as much.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats! With that much experience I'm sure you won't have a problem landing the job! And, you know...salaried positions aren't always that great. At least with a temporary hourly job, if overtime is offered that can REALLY add up! With the holiday's coming I'm sure a lot of people are going to try to spruce up their house, not to mention the gift cards that are being bought for fathers, husbands, uncles, etc (I know that's what I get because I don't know the difference between saws or drills), they will probably be busy. And, you never know what it could lead to...management, corporate, etc.

I know my husband would be drooling if I would get a job at Home Depot!

fuzzles

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have a friend that lives in Canada who knows a girl that works for them as a lead cashier. He said unfortunately she doesn't get any type of discount. I think the most he said that she's ever gotten is a 25% of gift card type of thing around Christmas time and that's it. I really hope that isn't true. I'd love to get a discount!!