Proper gift?

erzsebet

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I live about 3 doors down from a woman and her boyfriend who own about 9 indoor cats. Not to mention I see her walk everyday with a huge plate of wet food to the back of our complex to feed the strays around here since we live on a main road. She absolutely ADORES cats and fosters/saves them. When we brought home Orianna and Arkose in July she immediately noticed them through our windows. She'd stop by the window on her way to her place and play with them and wave for a few minutes. Then about a month and a half ago she stopped by when I was gone and gave my room mate 2 presents for them. A play mouse and a fish on the end of stick that sticks to the window.
I was completely surprised and quickly made up a thank you card. Took some pics of the girls playing with their new toys and gave her the card a few days later thanking her immensely. But now with the holidays coming up I actually want to get her and her kitties something special as well. I know its hard on her financially to care for so many cats and I wanted to get something for her. Any ideas???????????

skyecat0117

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Maybe a kitty lovers gift basket
Fill it with kitty food some toys, plush things. Maybe throw in a few things for her as well like a scarf and mittens or other such things.

junior_j

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I would make up a basket of the following

-Cat food
-Couple of bags of cat treats
-go to your cheaper shops to get a ton of cat toys for half
the normal price
-Mabe some nice strong bowls to feed the cats/stray kitties with
-Maybe if you know what sex cats she has get a coupla colours
-Then get her a novelty thing for cat owners , i go my mum a really
funky key ring which says cat lover and has a heart and pawprint
on it

But if you yourself have limited money then some cheap cat toys and cat food would be good enough! every little helps right?
Jess x

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by SkyeCat0117

Maybe a kitty lovers gift basket
Fill it with kitty food some toys, plush things. Maybe throw in a few things for her as well like a scarf and mittens or other such things.
I like this idea best. A few personal items, something for her and her cats, and the gift card she can use any way she sees fit. That way you're helping her out financially, but not in an awkward way.

She sounds like a lovely person, and I'm glad you're doing something special for her!

althekitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That was so sweet of her!! Bless. I would do the same and have a kitty basket. I would put toys and little baby blankets and food and treats. I might put in some nice chicken legs or thighs too
. When she is looking after ferals I would imagine that it would be useful for her to have the practicle food stuffs too. Bless her and you, it is so nice when people are so kind and thoughtful just out of the goodness of their hearts, sorry, getting a little sentimental now..............

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

erzsebet

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you all for your wonderful ideas!!!!!!! I will definitely be making her a gift basket of very many goodies