TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › IMO: In My Opinion › John McCain's ties to a white supremacist
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

John McCain's ties to a white supremacist - Page 4  

post #91 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by katie=^..^= View Post
I don't believe either candidate is an outright racist. However, maybe you should re-read the article before you make any conclusions about more subtle forms of distancing himself from his relatives or denying his back-ground.

My daughter is mixed race. I am white and my ex is African-American. She acts, talks and thinks white since I am the one that raised her. But the minute she walks out the door of our home, she is regarded as African American and has to deal with that. It has been heartbreaking for me to see the difficulties she has faced through no fault of her own. Because of stereotypes and prejudices, sometimes subtle, sometimes very clear, she walks a more difficult path than a white person.

It is hard to come to an integrated viewpoint of oneself in that situation. That Obama is so very strong in his own sense of self is, I'm sure, because of the struggle he made as a boy and young man.

McCain? I don't know. He's a puzzle to me in many ways.
There is a woman who works at the butcher shop I go to to get my meat for the kitties and she is paler than I am with straight brown hair. She has an interesting name so I asked and she told me she was biracial. I was shocked because she looked white and she told me that she gets that reaction all the time especially when someone makes a slur not realizing who they are saying it to. She identifies more as black because her mother is black but the world views her differently.

McCain is a puzzle. Maybe that is why he has not been able to really become embraced by the country. He is a dichotomy in many ways.
post #92 of 111
New book coming out telling a tale of two veteran political activists and white supremacy taking its toll on American society.

White supremacy has been the dominant political system in the United States since its earliest days—and that it is still very much with us—the discussion points to unexamined bigotry in the criminal justice system, election processes, war policy, and education.

http://www.amazon.com/Race-Course-Ag...4686522&sr=8-1

About the Author

William C. Ayers is a distinguished professor of education and a senior university scholar at the University of Illinois–Chicago. He is the author of To Teach: The Journey of a Teacher and Fugitive Days, a memoir about his life with his wife, Bernardine Dohrn. Bernardine Dohrn is the director of the Children and Family Law Justice Center and a clinical associate professor of law at Northwestern University. She is the coauthor of A Century of Juvenile Justice and Justice in the Making. They live in Chicago.


this wasn't written in 1969.
post #93 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by neetanddave View Post
New book coming out telling a tale of two veteran political activists and white supremacy taking its toll on American society.
Ok...and? It's the authors opinion. It may even be right. After all, I do remember hearing Riley and McCain talking about themselves being part of the "White Christian Male power structure". (wonder if I can still find that clip )

Back already. That was easy, there are dozens of copies of it on YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARBzAKSJOWw
post #94 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippymjp View Post
Ok...and? It's the authors opinion. It may even be right. After all, I do remember hearing Riley and McCain talking about themselves being part of the "White Christian Male power structure". (wonder if I can still find that clip )

Back already. That was easy, there are dozens of copies of it on YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARBzAKSJOWw
More tit for tat.

Meanwhile, meaningful conversation about the subject: the McCain camp hasn't paraded around proclaiming themselves to be attacked as racists, so why do we care so much? Because we still ahve that freedom.

Wright, Flagler (sp), Ayers: all people that are known current associates of BHO, all admitting they are intolerant of whites. Yet not one direct denial from him against their attacks on whites. Since America is still (but barely) in the majority white, wouldn't the prudent tack be to squelch any racial overtones?
post #95 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by neetanddave View Post
More tit for tat.

Meanwhile, meaningful conversation about the subject: the McCain camp hasn't paraded around proclaiming themselves to be attacked as racists, so why do we care so much? Because we still ahve that freedom.

Wright, Flagler (sp), Ayers: all people that are known current associates of BHO, all admitting they are intolerant of whites. Yet not one direct denial from him against their attacks on whites. Since America is still (but barely) in the majority white, wouldn't the prudent tack be to squelch any racial overtones?
Thus far, everything I've read on them suggests that they are merely intolerant against intolerance.
post #96 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippymjp View Post
Thus far, everything I've read on them suggests that they are merely intolerant against intolerance.
I hope you are being facitious.
post #97 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by neetanddave View Post
I hope you are being facitious.
Um, no, no I'm not. It's the first line of the defense for the intolerant, to point out (indignantly, no less) when their intolerance is met with intolerance. I believe that is where a great deal of the complaining is coming from. Intolerant people will do all manner of tale spinning to attempt to make it appear that their hatred is because of the intolerance of the people that they are intolerant of. Eventually, their defense will be to dispatch their shock troops.
post #98 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by neetanddave View Post
Yet not one direct denial from him against their attacks on whites.
That is utterly and completely false.
post #99 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zissou'sMom View Post
That is utterly and completely false.
His sudden distancing of himself frmo his pastor of 20 years isn't a denial of the attacks. If anything, it was an effort to squash the idea of his close association.

He should have just started wearing a hearing aid, and announced he'd needed one for years but couldn't afford health insurance.
post #100 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by neetanddave View Post
He should have just started wearing a hearing aid, and announced he'd needed one for years but couldn't afford health insurance.
post #101 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by neetanddave View Post
His sudden distancing of himself frmo his pastor of 20 years isn't a denial of the attacks. If anything, it was an effort to squash the idea of his close association.

He should have just started wearing a hearing aid, and announced he'd needed one for years but couldn't afford health insurance.
At first, he did not disagree with him that strongly. That changed drastically. Obama has outright and fully condemned many of Wright's words and actions, as well as anyone else who feels the same.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/news/2008/0...ts_made_b.html

Read the press release at the bottom. I have no idea what you expect someone to say if you don't call that a condemnation.
post #102 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zissou'sMom View Post
At first, he did not disagree with him that strongly. That changed drastically. Obama has outright and fully condemned many of Wright's words and actions, as well as anyone else who feels the same.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/news/2008/0...ts_made_b.html

Read the press release at the bottom. I have no idea what you expect someone to say if you don't call that a condemnation.
Getting up and walking out of church 19 years and 11 months earlier would be denouncing it.
post #103 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by neetanddave View Post
Getting up and walking out of church 19 years and 11 months earlier would be denouncing it.
Then we shall assume that Sarah Palin agrees that when there are terror attacks in Israel, it is God punishing the unbelievers. Her church said that in AUGUST, and she sat through it. Thanks for clarifying that if you are respectful of a house of worship, you automatically agree with everything that is said there.
post #104 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zissou'sMom View Post
At first, he did not disagree with him that strongly. That changed drastically. Obama has outright and fully condemned many of Wright's words and actions, as well as anyone else who feels the same.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/news/2008/0...ts_made_b.html

Read the press release at the bottom. I have no idea what you expect someone to say if you don't call that a condemnation.

From what I have read, Oprah joined the Reverend Wright's church and she attended some services until she heard one of "those" sermons, she then left the church and never came back.

The thing is, it's the LIES, no one in their right mind can actually believe that Obama attended this church for twenty years, was very, very close with this man and did not know this man was a racist America hating hateful person.
You just can't tell me that all you Obama supporters really believe that.
No way.
So, you must not care and that is certainly your perogative.

And FTR, Obama did not distance himself from Wright until Wright spoke at that meeting, I can't remember what it was, but he gave some speech and it was after that Obama FINALLY denounced him
post #105 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zissou'sMom View Post
Then we shall assume that Sarah Palin agrees that when there are terror attacks in Israel, it is God punishing the unbelievers. Her church said that in AUGUST, and she sat through it. Thanks for clarifying that if you are respectful of a house of worship, you automatically agree with everything that is said there.
You can assume whatever you like.

This has nothing to do with Palin and her church. Why can't you let her go? Debate the subject of Obama and his ties, along with McCain and his. This is about one Presidental candidate and another and their supposed ties to supremacists.
post #106 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by neetanddave View Post
You can assume whatever you like.

This has nothing to do with Palin and her church. Why can't you let her go? Debate the subject of Obama and his ties, along with McCain and his. This is about one Presidental candidate and another and their supposed ties to supremacists.
I thought this thread was supposed to be about McCain...
post #107 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Going Nova View Post
I thought this thread was supposed to be about McCain...
it is, but there is nothing to talk about.,

i can say both mccain and obama have spent alot of time with Enemy of the US.

Mccain in a POW camp
how obama went a racist church, and going to fund raising dinners for terroist and there supporters, how also helping to vote down methods to stop the financial collapse of america. how he pocketed money from the same groups that where causing it.
post #108 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by neetanddave View Post
You can assume whatever you like.

This has nothing to do with Palin and her church. Why can't you let her go? Debate the subject of Obama and his ties, along with McCain and his. This is about one Presidental candidate and another and their supposed ties to supremacists.
All I did was apply your logic to Palin. I don't really care what her church said, there are plenty of other more important reasons that she is a terrifying prospect for VP. If you say that whatever Obama's church says, he must believe, then the same is true of Palin's church.
post #109 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zissou'sMom View Post
All I did was apply your logic to Palin. I don't really care what her church said, there are plenty of other more important reasons that she is a terrifying prospect for VP. If you say that whatever Obama's church says, he must believe, then the same is true of Palin's church.
It wasn't BHO's church alone that said that, it was "his mentor, his friend" the Reverend Wright.

I've not see Palin proclaiming such about her religious leaders.
post #110 of 111
There is a pattern here, Z.
post #111 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckblv View Post
There is a pattern here, Z.

That's true. There is a pattern of McCain and Palin throwing stones in their glass house. There is a pattern of the staunchiest McCainites applying a double standard and willing blinders.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: IMO: In My Opinion
This thread is locked  
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › IMO: In My Opinion › John McCain's ties to a white supremacist