What does everyone do for a living?

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Im a service advisor from a car company, its not that great a lot of paper work and seriously stress full

skyecat0117

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by -_aj_-

Im a service advisor from a car company, its not that great a lot of paper work and seriously stress full
That's what my SO does but he's on the express side. I totally couldn't do that job.

As for me I work for a before & after school program through the local school district.

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I keep the house clean, the car maintained, the laundry washed and folded, handle all cat care, make all our doctor and vet appointments, and I plan, shop, wash, rinse, slice, chop, and cook everything we eat from scratch. I also keep up with all house maintenance including yearly furnace checks, chimney sweep, carpet cleaning, and repairs. There's more in my job description that I will think of later.

I used to be an educator before I became a mom. I taught early childhood education to three year-olds with language delays, taught third-graders English as a second language, and also worked for the Smithsonian Institution for several years.

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I work in retail... a a local fabric store. I normally hate retail, because of all the in-fighting among coworkers... but there's very little of that there... I've been there two years, which is insanely longer than any other retail job I've held.

I recently left my library job as well... I was a Page, sorting and shelving materials... want back breaking public work? Do that... urgh. My commute wasn't fun either, so I left.

Amanda

zooy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My title may say Receptionist/Sales Support but I'm also a radio announcer and do a little bit of promotions at the radio station I work for.

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm a laboratory technician at an environmental laboratory. I test for Mercury in waste waters, storm waters, ground waters, solids, miscellaneous liquids, miscellaneous solids, filters, animal tissue (usually fish), etc. Been here just over 2 years and I still love it!

It can be very stressful at times, but I still enjoy what I do.

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I keep the house clean, the car maintained, the laundry washed and folded, handle all cat care, make all our doctor and vet appointments, and I plan, shop, wash, rinse, slice, chop, and cook everything we eat from scratch. I also keep up with all house maintenance including yearly furnace checks, chimney sweep, carpet cleaning, and repairs.
Whoa, that sounds like me! I also do what servicing I can to the cars (trying to teach DD how to handle the basics in the process--things like changing the battery, replacing cables and spark plug wires, checking every fluid, changing oil and coolant), do basic home repairs (I can change out a wall switch, replace a goose-neck trap, tar a roof, install siding, and lots more); I'm a tutor, a chauffeur, a nurse, a secretary, a landscaper, a painter, and more that I probably can't think of right now.

I also have a home-based crafts business---I rent space in a local antiques & crafts mall and work my little fingers to the bone making things for other people to buy.
Before I quit work to adopt our DD, I was a nurses' aide/home health aide. I'd love to get back into that someday.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am retired....
what do you do for a living Traveler5?

whiteforest

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by xocats

what do you do for a living Traveler5?
I make functional ceramic work. Usually very minimalist, almost Bauhaus-like. And I'm STILL trying to finish my degree, BFA - Ceramics, which is 5 years in the making thus far with 3 yet to go.

709juggalette

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am currently a stay at home mom - wanting to go back to school.

I am also involved with two dog rescue organizations.Beagle Paws (been with them over 6 yrs now) and Greyhound Pets of Atlantic Canada - GPAC (been with them over 8 yrs now).

whisky'sdad

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am among the unemployed.

I've been sending emails like it is going out of style to overseas schools. I'm going to teach english somewhere in Europe or Southeast Asia.

Prague is my hopeful destination...

abbycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I work in a call center working in the catalog division of a sportmans outfitter. It is an awful job! I say the same thing over and over again all day long. It becomes so repetitive that it drives you crazy!!! Sometimes people really drive me crazy, especially when they want to return a pair of boots they bought 10 years ago and the soles are getting bad!!! I'm serious!!! I get those calls at least 3 times a day.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Whisky'sDad

I am among the unemployed.

I've been sending emails like it is going out of style to overseas schools. I'm going to teach english somewhere in Europe or Southeast Asia.

Prague is my hopeful destination...
I have some college friends who are Czech and live there. Great people.

I turned down a couple of overseas English teaching jobs.

I drive a truck for Toys R Us right now. Who knows after Christmas?

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
After being downsized after 20 years in the captive auto finance industry I launched my own business doing garden design/maintenance-call it landscaping if you wish!! This is a seasonal hobby business for me.

I also sell my own perennials, knit and sell scarves of less common knitting materials (did one out of baler twine for the fall!!) and make concrete leaves with and without metallic finishes.

Last month I started a twice/week job as counter person at an artisinal bakery.

meowqueensdaddy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm a freelance orchestra musician in the SF Bay Area. Basically, I make my living playing for all of the regional professional and semi-professional orchestras in the area (there are nearly 20)... It's an intimidating amount of driving, which isn't so bad if you drive a fun car and like to work on it (I'm a VW person...).

My other half is doing her PhD right now, so she's on more of a 9-5, which counters my weird evenings-and-weekends schedule. The combination actually works out really well, since there's usually one of us at home to look after the kitties. And, the kitties take care of us when one is away at work.

chadsgirl374

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm a full time engineering student; a telecommunications engineer on a contract basis and work Thur, Fri and Sat (7-1) at a dry cleaners. At home, I cook 3 meals a day from scratch since I like to know exactly what I'm eating. I also feed 8 ferals twice a day and our little Sunny 2-3 times daily. You could say that I'm in charge of all the tummies at my house (this usually makes me the most popular
).