Amy is a dream come true!

simpleblue

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have depression so I thought a feline friend would help me out. I went to the shelter and picked out Amy. I just kinda happened and I didn't think too much about it. She was an 18mo cat found on the streets. Orange, strips, white paws, neck, and tummy. Tabby of course. She had already had kittens.

Well, she loves me. I don't think I've ever had a girl with such unconditional love.
I now keep the house extra clean and even take better care of myself, even though I don't care so much about me, I care about Amy and I know she depends on me for everything.

So upon bringing Amy to her new home she instantly liked it. Better then the shelter I guess. I own an indoor tree and plant and she hasn't torn either to shreds yet. Actually, she hasn't torn anything to shreds. A miracle?
, lol.

She used the litter box immediately. Covers up good and has solid output. She just got vet checked today and is in super health.

Now this is amazing, but Amy actually has a soft meow. Like a kitten meow. Even in heat, she doesn't howl (she's getting spayed soon), plus no spraying yet. On the way to the vet I could hardly hear any sound.

From what I can tell she was not in an abusive family because I can jump around her and pet her, make noise,... and she stands her ground. Which makes me wonder why anyone could give up such a great cat?

Just an hour ago I bought her some canned cat food. I hear Wellness had a good rep so that's what she's getting. So I'm shelling out $3.10 per 12oz can
, but I know it'll keep her healthy and save on vet bills later on.
No battle. She dived right into the food. And she actually doesn't overeat dry or wet.

Tomorrow I will be building Amy's scratch post from some scrap carpet I bought and some wood I found laying around.

Anyways, thought I'd share the good news. It's been a depressing month and having something positive to say feels nice.

graciecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so happy for you.
It sounds like you and Amy are the perfect pair.
I can't wait to see pictures of her, I'm another fan of Orange kitties

krz

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am really happy for you and for Amy. Orange tabbies are the best!! I am so glad you found each other. God Bless.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Aww she sounds like the perfect kitty for you. When you can, post a picture. I love red tabby cats
i'd love to see a pic, too - she sounds so wonderful! i'm glad she's helping you as much as you helped her

fifi1puss

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thats so sweet!
She sounds awesome! and so do you by the way
I fell in love with Fiona so much I got two more....oy vey
Watch out!

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's fantastic to hear!

We get all kinds of cats at our shelter, and many make me wonder what people could possibly be thinking when they let them stray or surrendered them to us.

kittyl0ve4

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Aww that is so sweet! She sounds alot like my Mittens. She is so sweet, it makes me wonder what my boss was thinking when she gave her to me. Im glad she did, but who wouldnt want such a sweet cat? But she was going after my boss' parrots and they come first in my boss' eyes. Whenever i would go back into my boss' house, Mittens would jump down from where ever she was laying and follow me around meowing and rubbing up against my legs. Now, she sleeps in my room EVERY night, on the floor though, cuz i guess she doesnt like how cramped the bed is with me my bf & her, but as soon as he gets up to go to work, she hops up onto the bed to lay with me. and if its a weekend and bf doesnt have work, she stays on the floor, or goes under the bed. But its like she has "Meowmy Radar", bc as soon as i open my eyes she is right there waiting for me to get out of bed. Then, she follows me around all day. If i go upstairs to get something out of my room, she is right behind me. Then ill say "Mitt Mitt baby, im not staying up here" then she follows me back downstairs. I love it! it is a great feeling knowing that your kitty loves you so much that she feels like she has to be with you every second.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Punkin is like that. Whenever I come home, even at 2 a.m. like this morning, he must hear the pickup, because he's always at the door waiting to greet me. He sleeps in the office when I'm here, and every time I get up, he gets up, too, stretches, and follows me wherever I'm going in the house.

A cat is not a dog, with its non-judgmental fawning love, but when a cat loves you, it just makes you feel good. And there's nothing like a purring kitten in your lap to improve the way the world looks.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

simpleblue

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you all so much! Such great support. Looking back it seems like I'm saying "my cat is perfect", not at all. I'm just happy. Less lonely.

kittylove,

Amy sleeps on the bed with me at night. She likes to be nearby. Though she's not a lap cat.

As for pictures. She's just an orange tabby. Nothing special. I might post them sometime.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Cats ARE different. We love Sterling and Ella, but they have their little quirks. Punkin is the best cat we've ever had, bar none.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by DreamingRecover

She's just an orange tabby. Nothing special. I might post them sometime.
She is special, all our babies are special, so we'd love to see this special little girl that's turned your life around
If you want help posting pictures just send me a pm

babywukong

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww that's a lovely story! Animals are the best cure for anything. Even if you're feeling happy, a purring cat makes you feel right on top of the world
I'm really happy that you found the perfect kitty. And ditto what the rest are saying - I would love to see pictures of your wonderful Amy girl.

cocoalily

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a precious girl! It sure sounds like she's made an improvement in your life. I absolutely love stories like this - they make me all warm and gooey.
If you get around to it, could you post some pictures of her? She sounds like a truly special girl. Oh, and on a side note, you might want to consider getting her spayed. It'll help improve her life and yours, too.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

simpleblue

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It took me a long time to get these shots. I think I took a few hundred pictures. Cats in heat don't like to stay still.

Originally Posted by Rosiemac

If you want help posting pictures just send me a pm
I appreciate it. I'd love to get that signature photo thing going. I'm gonna wait till she's abit more still and get some nice shots.

Oh, and she's getting spayed very soon.