Mini rant about dumb drivers

tigerontheprowl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OK here's the story. I am now the main delivery driver for my company. Today, I had to make some stops in Moose Jaw. During my run, I encountered some of the dumbest people I've ever seen behind the wheel of a car. I saw people signaling right and turning left, another person was going 20 in a 50 zone and another went 100 in a 40 zone. Now, I consider myself to be a very law-abiding driver: I always signal, I don't speed (at least not more than 5-10KM/H over the limit), I wear my seat belt, etc.

Normally, I wouldn't be so mad but today, I had 6 places to go in Moose Jaw and then another place in Regina. It should have been a fairly short day (5 A.M. to about 1P.M. I would guess) but for the last store (the one stop in Regina) I have to be there before 12 or else I have to wait until 2 for them to receive the items. Today, everything was going fine until I got on the highway. Instead of it taking 45 minutes or thereabouts to get back to Regina from Moose Jaw, It took me 1 hour and 15 minutes. And as a result, I didn't make it back to Regina in time to Regina Cabs (in case you haven't already guessed, that is the last stop in Regina).

Now the reason why it took me so long. I got stuck behind 2 really dumb drivers on the highway. In one lane I had a senior man going 65 when the speed limit is 110, and in the other lane, there was a semi going only slightly faster, but not fast enough to pass the old man in less than 35 minutes. So as a result, instead of having an 8-hour day, I ended up with an 11-hour day.
Some people really make me mad sometimes.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tigerontheprowl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

That's why cars come equipped with horns. I would have been leaning on mine until one of them moved their butts out of my way
Correction: Working cars have horns. The rental truck that I was driving should have been retired 10 years ago.

monaxlisa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can totally relate! Maine has some horrible drivers, honestly, worst Ive seen. The other day someone passed me when I pulled over to the shoulder because a fire truck and ambulance were coming. And the guy never even stopped! ARGH! School busses have gone through red lights, not to mention at almost every red light here three or four cars go through. Once an entire turning lane went through a red light. People always pull out right infront of you here, or dont get onto the interstate fast enough and you actually have to put on the brakes for them, I however, to have a working horn and it gets used quite often. Wait...I just hogged your post didnt I
Oops. Well hopefully your next delivery day will be much less frustrating!

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by TigerOnTheProwl

OK here's the story. I am now the main delivery driver for my company. Today, I had to make some stops in Moose Jaw. During my run, I encountered some of the dumbest people I've ever seen behind the wheel of a car. I saw people signaling right and turning left, another person was going 20 in a 50 zone and another went 100 in a 40 zone. Now, I consider myself to be a very law-abiding driver: I always signal, I don't speed (at least not more than 5-10KM/H over the limit), I wear my seat belt, etc.

Normally, I wouldn't be so mad but today, I had 6 places to go in Moose Jaw and then another place in Regina. It should have been a fairly short day (5 A.M. to about 1P.M. I would guess) but for the last store (the one stop in Regina) I have to be there before 12 or else I have to wait until 2 for them to receive the items. Today, everything was going fine until I got on the highway. Instead of it taking 45 minutes or thereabouts to get back to Regina from Moose Jaw, It took me 1 hour and 15 minutes. And as a result, I didn't make it back to Regina in time to Regina Cabs (in case you haven't already guessed, that is the last stop in Regina).

Now the reason why it took me so long. I got stuck behind 2 really dumb drivers on the highway. In one lane I had a senior man going 65 when the speed limit is 110, and in the other lane, there was a semi going only slightly faster, but not fast enough to pass the old man in less than 35 minutes. So as a result, instead of having an 8-hour day, I ended up with an 11-hour day.
Some people really make me mad sometimes.
Wow, 110 posted speed limit..... SWEET.

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MonaxLisa

I can totally relate! Maine has some horrible drivers, honestly, worst Ive seen. The other day someone passed me when I pulled over to the shoulder because a fire truck and ambulance were coming. And the guy never even stopped! ARGH! School busses have gone through red lights, not to mention at almost every red light here three or four cars go through. Once an entire turning lane went through a red light. People always pull out right infront of you here, or dont get onto the interstate fast enough and you actually have to put on the brakes for them, I however, to have a working horn and it gets used quite often. Wait...I just hogged your post didnt I
Oops. Well hopefully your next delivery day will be much less frustrating!
Wow. You just described New Hampshire drivers exactly! Every single thing you just described I've had happen to me, or seen, at least once, probably more than that. I think my biggest issue is not only getting on the highway fast enough, but people that don't know how to yield. I swear, in New Hampshire, people just don't know what they mean. I've almost been hit or pushed into oncoming traffic because people didn't yield to me when I had the right of way.

Yea, and people think Mass drivers are bad. Where I came from in Massachusetts, they were 10 times BETTER than in New Hampshire. I use my horn quite frequently as well.

pipersjo

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by yam102284

Wow. You just described New Hampshire drivers exactly! Every single thing you just described I've had happen to me, or seen, at least once, probably more than that. I think my biggest issue is not only getting on the highway fast enough, but people that don't know how to yield. I swear, in New Hampshire, people just don't know what they mean. I've almost been hit or pushed into oncoming traffic because people didn't yield to me when I had the right of way.

Yea, and people think Mass drivers are bad. Where I came from in Massachusetts, they were 10 times BETTER than in New Hampshire. I use my horn quite frequently as well.
That's New England drivers in general! I just came back from my grandpa's memorial service yesterday and traffic was horrible- stupid drivers, impatient drivers, you name it!

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So, after these stupid drivers messed up (I am thinking of a different phrase), did the jaw in the moose in Moose's Jaw drop in disbelief?

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pipersjo

That's New England drivers in general! I just came back from my grandpa's memorial service yesterday and traffic was horrible- stupid drivers, impatient drivers, you name it!
That's also because it was peak foliage season. I don't know where you were, but in New Hampshire the highways were so clogged yesterday because of all the people wanting to see the pretty colored leaves. Also, cause it was a long holiday weekend.

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by luvmycat1

Wow, 110 posted speed limit..... SWEET.
I was in a car once on the way to Vegas when I looked at hers speedometer and saw we were going about 120! She was from Canada and she was actually going about 75... Kinda scared me for a minute.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How frustrating! And where is the cop when you need one?????

I just tell myself these people got their license from a Cracker Jack box. Life's too short to get mad with dumb people

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tigerontheprowl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

And where is the cop when you need one?????
The cops seem to be a lot of the ones driving recklessly. There's a difference between police maneuvers/evasive maneuvers and illegal maneuvers. 9 times out of 10, if a cop is stopped at a red light, they will turn their lights and siren on, go through the light, and then turn them off again. They're in a hurry just to get the doughnut shop down the street. They feel they are above the law. How can they enforce the law when they can't even abide by it?

I just tell myself these people got their license from a Cracker Jack box.
It certainly seems that way, especially around here. I just saw someone going down my street doing about 70 I'd guess. And that is with icy and snow-covered roads. Some people just need to be in an accident. Maybe then they will learn the rules of the road.

pipersjo

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by yam102284

That's also because it was peak foliage season. I don't know where you were, but in New Hampshire the highways were so clogged yesterday because of all the people wanting to see the pretty colored leaves. Also, cause it was a long holiday weekend.
I know it is/was, but it was just so frustrating! I was in CT.

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My dh is the worst driver ever. I hate to ride with him. He tailgates, slams on the brakes. He has had 3 speeding tickets on the motorcycle in 3 months. Apparently he rides as badly as he drives when I am not with him.

whisky'sdad

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

How frustrating! And where is the cop when you need one?????

I just tell myself these people got their license from a Cracker Jack box. Life's too short to get mad with dumb people
Hear, hear!!! Why get mad? It's not like it's someone you'll see again. (maybe)

What I love are the ones who wait until they are on the freeway to speed up!

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was in Toronto today, I think I would have preferred being stuck behind someone going slow.

Oh and my BF got a ticket for making an illegal turn onto a street that has no sign saying it is illegal, the cop said there was a sign there yesterday so he didn't know where it had got to. Do you pay the $60 fine or lose out on a day's work? In the mean time 5 cars made the same turn and drove past the cop who had us stopped.

meowqueensdaddy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I can definitely relate to the comments about Cops being reckless... our local cops speed, drive on the wrong side of the road, talk on the phone (no, not the police radio, the /phone/), eat, generally multitask, and don't really do much in the way of crime prevention. one almost hit me the other day, changing lanes on the freeway without looking... where's the Highway Patrol when you need 'em?