I dont know about poop in the clumping litter

purdy'smomma

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I know this my sound stupid but when she potties how do I know its poop or pee with the whole clumping thing I cant tell. I am getting clumps but I dont know if she is pooping or peeing. I know what a stupid question huh?
I only seen her poop once and I ran her to the litter box. But she staying in the kennel when we cant be with her (because of the dogs)

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Usually the pee will be in a little ball. With my 7.5 week old kittens the balls are about the size of a pingpong ball or smaller. The adult cats' are quite a bit bigger. The poop will be more strung out, like a skinny tootsie roll. Also, the litter doesn't always stick to the poop, so you can see what it is better.

How old is your kitten? Mine started peeing in the litter several days before I saw any poop.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

purdy'smomma

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldyCat

Usually the pee will be in a little ball. With my 7.5 week old kittens the balls are about the size of a pingpong ball or smaller. The adult cats' are quite a bit bigger. The poop will be more strung out, like a skinny tootsie roll. Also, the litter doesn't always stick to the poop, so you can see what it is better.

How old is your kitten? Mine started peeing in the litter several days before I saw any poop.
The vet said she is about 4 1/2 weeks old and we keep her litter pan in her kennel for right now because of the dogs. My husband found her at work and this is my first cat ever. She is on a liquid diet right now and I will start moist kitten food this friday(vets advice). So I guess her poop would be alittle runny huh? I am just so clueless with this cat. I have five dogs they are easy compared to an 8 0z kitten. ha ha ha thanks for all your advice

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
How is Purdy today?

Another take on this....
Open communication with your vet or his/her technician would be extremely helpful....
Call and ask to speak to the vet's technician.
Ask the questions you have...
this poo issue being one of them, they should respect you for caring...
and remember, under the circumstances, no question is stupied.

Purdy