The other Furbabies

fuzzles

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Here is a picture of Scrappy shortly after found her on the road that day at my boyfriend's parents' house. We asked all the neighbors about her and no one had ever seen her before and we didn't want her to go to a shelter so we brought her home. That's where his mom was going to take her if we hadn't taken her home with us. She ended up having heartworms, an abcessed tooth, and wasn't microchiped or spayed. Now she is heartworm free and spayed. We think she is a Jack Russell Terrier, but she might be a mix since we don't have papers for her. This looks like after she went to the vet though since she has a rabies tag and a collar on. She was also in heat when we got her so she was dripping blood all over the place. That's why I had a sheet on the couch for a while until she got spayed.

She loves her bones still LOL

She was a lot skinnier back then. Notice the retro Asteroids towel that belonged to the bf's brother back in kindergarten
I still have that thing somewhere. His mom gave it to us for her when we brought her home in the car.

Here she is a few months ago. She actually sleeps like this sometimes. You can see my Dachshund, Daisy at the bottom of the picture.

She's really goofy. Sometimes she sleeps like this too. Zelda is passed out on the right sleeping next to her

And here is a short video I have of Daisy being goofy. She's 6 years old now and starting to get gray hair on her chin. She couldn't figure out how to get over the box to me. We had just bought some speaker stands and the box was on the ground and Lord of the Rings I think was on in the background LOL. The boyfriend says my dog is dumb. I think she's just handicapped because of her short little legs LOL.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v651/aggal06/Pets/?action=view&current=MVI_0215.flv

psjauntie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Your babies are too cute! My Tyler sleeps on his back with all fours in the air, but never over the back of the couch like that. How is that even comfortable? She was a very lucky pup that you found her.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thats a wonderful rescue story for Scrappy, she is precious and that pic of her hanging down the sofa is hilarious

Daisy is hilarious, too, with her short legs

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fuzzles

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

Thats a wonderful rescue story for Scrappy, she is precious and that pic of her hanging down the sofa is hilarious

Daisy is hilarious, too, with her short legs
The heartworm ordeal was horrible though. She kept not wanting to eat and getting dehydrated so more than a couple of times we had to let her spend the night at the vet's on an IV and we fed her canned food to make sure she was getting enough liquid. She still makes snorty sounds when she starts running around the house all hyper-like. The vet said that they can still have scar tissue from the worms in the lungs after they're gone, so I guess that's why she does that. Luckily she only had to go halfway through the whole treatment before she was clear of them. I ended up spending 300-350 dollars on that alone! It would have been more if she had gone through the whole thing. longer than 3 months worth of it.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh I know the tratment can be so hard on them, she is so lucky she had someone willing to do that for her, very lucky. Im sure you are just as lucky, in return.