The Daily Thread October 14th, 2008

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello All

Well we have a big temp dip from yesterday-down 25 degrees!! It was windy last night blowing many leaves (raking time) off the trees. I guess fall is back!

Did some housekeeping chores this morning and have a pork tenderloin and a couple of pork chops marinating/brining for dinner tonite.

Work today-have to stop at bank first though.

Baks and Grizzlie on the sofa next to my -not much room for me though.
Bobs is patrolling the yard again.

Not much else going on.

Have a good day!!

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Morning All!!!

Mild and very breezy here this morning. Looks like we are blowing up quite a storm. Hopefully it will wait until I finish my errands this morning.

Heading out in a few minutes, have a doctor's appointment at 9:40 afterwards, post office, bank and drugstore. Then at 12:45 I have an appointment at my lawyers to do some revisions on my will. I filed it almost ten years ago now and it's a little out of date.

Most likely will have lunch downtown and then do some shopping. I have part of my SS done but still want to pick up a couple more items..

The kitties are good this morning, all three are sitting in the window letting the wind ruffle their fur..Silly guys.

Everyone have a good day

junior_j

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hello alll !!!

I am just chilling today really , getting random things done on in my room ect lol. I am taking the puppy to the vets tomorrow for his first set of jabs! lol

The kittens have been naughty today , making it hard to feed them lol because they jump on the sides , how they havent cut their lips on the cans i dont know lol!!

Hope ur all okay!
Jess x

belongstoevie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

Well we have a big temp dip from yesterday-down 25 degrees!! It was windy last night blowing many leaves (raking time) off the trees. I guess fall is back!
Oh yuck to that! Especially all at once, don't catch a cold!!

It's been quite chilly here, too, though nothing that dramatic! It's funny, it's low 40s when I'm up at 6 AM, and though a week or two ago it was high 40s, it feels a lot colder, biting to the bone cold!

Typically busy day at work for me. I miss having a boring job!

Kits are all good. Though poor Evie, this morning as I was heading towards the downstairs bathroom, she tried to beat me there. This one is next to the laundry room, so there's a narrow little doorway we had to go through, and she ran right under my foot through this area, and I stepped on her hard!
We don't wear shoes upstairs, but I had them on downstairs, poor little thing. I mean, it's totally her fault, but I feel so guilty!! But she seemed fine after that, though, we checked her. Cronos and Sam are basically taking over the entire house, Evie does not appreciate it! Now that they are adjusted to the other pets (though they still stalk the chin quite a bit too much!), they are let out a lot. Makes it a lot easier on us!

Everyone have a great day!

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good afternoon

Today I am feeling so very under-motivated! Rob and I slept in until about 6:35am, and usually we're already on our way to work by then. I was feeling pretty crappy this morning
The weather keeps on changing here, so aggravating. It's estimated to hit 90* yet again today, although the previous 2 weeks it had only been getting into the 70*s, which was so very nice.

Sat in 7 miles worth of stop and go traffic because we left the house so late, and therefore didn't get to work until 8:42am! Usually I'm here at least an hour earlier than that, so it means I should stay at work until almost 5 tonight. Dunno if I can do it! My work list has been getting smaller lately, and there's only so much I can do a day without driving the analyst batty. I'm thinking that I'll only make it until 4pm instead of 5, and attempt to make the hour up during the week somehow! Maybe pop in on Saturday and clean some stuff up in the lab if Rob is also going to be working Saturday.

I have a couple more batches to do today, and then I'll be bored silly. I think I may learn how to second review the data from the instrument soon, just to have something else to do in the afternoons (and feel a bit smarter
) I really just want to sit outside and read a book! I'm almost done with my 62nd book of the year.