TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › Site Help › Amount of post is wrong
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Amount of post is wrong

post #1 of 12
Thread Starter 
I've been posting in this forum since 2000 and should have 3 or 4 hundred post but I just notice that you only show me with 41 post. What's going on? Why was my post reduced to only 41?
post #2 of 12
Did you rejoin as a new user in 2005? Your profile says you have only been a member since August 2005.
post #3 of 12
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbbysMom View Post
Did you rejoin as a new user in 2005? Your profile says you have only been a member since August 2005.
Yes, I had to rejoin in 05 when I changed to AOL or else I couldn't post. Since then I've written at least 140 post and I was able to post in the section "In My Opinion" but now with only 41 post showing I can't post there anymore. I even sent an email to the staff asking why I couldn't post in that section anymore but I never got a reply. It looks like I'm not going to get any help here either.
post #4 of 12
All of the moderators are volunteers and have real life stuff to worry about too, I am sure they can help you

Try PMing one of the admins with your usernames that you used and they may be able to help. I have linked them so you can directly PM them

The admins are
DawnofSierra
Valanhb
and GayeF
or the site owner Anne
post #5 of 12
When you originally joined the site (before you rejoined in '05) what was your user id? While I would have to look a little further into the situation, it may be that we can merge those two accounts, and give you your correct number of posts back. Don't count on this though, just speculating as to what we ~may~ be able to do.
post #6 of 12
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gayef View Post
When you originally joined the site (before you rejoined in '05) what was your user id? While I would have to look a little further into the situation, it may be that we can merge those two accounts, and give you your correct number of posts back. Don't count on this though, just speculating as to what we ~may~ be able to do.

Hi Gayef, thanks for replying. I don't remember what name I was under the first time I joined but I know I had over a 100 post since 05 and I would like them back so I can post in "IMO".
post #7 of 12
Without knowing your original user name, it would be like searching for a needle in a haystack to find you ... unless you can remember it, then perhaps you can post your required numbers quickly enough to be able to get in on the hot topics going on in IMO.
post #8 of 12
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gayef View Post
Without knowing your original user name, it would be like searching for a needle in a haystack to find you ... unless you can remember it, then perhaps you can post your required numbers quickly enough to be able to get in on the hot topics going on in IMO.
You're not really understanding what I'm trying to say. Forget about the time I had posted before 05. When I rejoined in 05 I went up to 140 some post and I was posting in the hot topics section. Then all of a sudden I was busted down to 40 some post and no reason was given and now I can't post in the hot topics section unless I start all over for a third time. I don't think this is fair and if I'm not given back my100 post I'll stop comming here. I've been a member for 8 years and don't deserve to be treated this way. It would seem you would want to keep members instead of chasing them away. This forum is not as active as it used to be.
post #9 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellen55 View Post
You're not really understanding what I'm trying to say. Forget about the time I had posted before 05. When I rejoined in 05 I went up to 140 some post and I was posting in the hot topics section. Then all of a sudden I was busted down to 40 some post and no reason was given and now I can't post in the hot topics section unless I start all over for a third time. I don't think this is fair and if I'm not given back my100 post I'll stop comming here. I've been a member for 8 years and don't deserve to be treated this way. It would seem you would want to keep members instead of chasing them away. This forum is not as active as it used to be.

I took a little time this evening to research your account. The very first post I see from you in 2005 was in a thread in the Breeder's Corner in August of 2005, located here:

26th August 2005, 10:13 PM Why Breed?

You then go on to have 8 posts in September, 16 posts in November, 13 in December - all in 2005. Then, in January of 2006, you have one post, and then nothing again until September of 2008, when you posted once, then 5 in October of 2008. In total including your August 2005 first post which I referenced above, you have 45 posts.

I will check in with Tech Support here to see if there may be another explaination, but according to the database as it stands, you have 45 posts, which is short of what you need to post in the IMO Forum. I am sorry, I wish there was more I could do to help you. Give me a couple of days to see what I can learn and check back here ... I'll let you know what I find out.
post #10 of 12
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gayef View Post
I took a little time this evening to research your account. The very first post I see from you in 2005 was in a thread in the Breeder's Corner in August of 2005, located here:

26th August 2005, 10:13 PM Why Breed?

You then go on to have 8 posts in September, 16 posts in November, 13 in December - all in 2005. Then, in January of 2006, you have one post, and then nothing again until September of 2008, when you posted once, then 5 in October of 2008. In total including your August 2005 first post which I referenced above, you have 45 posts.

I will check in with Tech Support here to see if there may be another explaination, but according to the database as it stands, you have 45 posts, which is short of what you need to post in the IMO Forum. I am sorry, I wish there was more I could do to help you. Give me a couple of days to see what I can learn and check back here ... I'll let you know what I find out.
Well then someone removed my post I made from January 06 through September 2008. I had around 140 post and I was posting in the IMO Forum until my post were deleted by someone and now I can't post there. I want to know why my post were taking away from me or I'm not comming here anymore. I've been a member of this forum for 8 years and I shouldn't be treated like this.
post #11 of 12
I know I am not a mod or really have no idea about the site, BUT if you look at Ellen's profile and then look at her statistics it shows this:

Total Posts

* Total Posts: 146
* Posts Per Day: 0.12
* Find all posts by Ellen55
* Find all threads started by Ellen55
Maybe that can point you in the right direction on what is going on with her account (just trying to help)
post #12 of 12
Ellen55,

Please check your PM box as there is a Moderator Message waiting for you regarding this issue. I sincerely hope it has now been resolved.

~gf~
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Site Help
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › Site Help › Amount of post is wrong