Vibes for Billy!

sandtigress

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor Billy has another case of conjunctivitis, this time in both of his eyes. His left eye has acted up twice so far, but this time, his right is the worst and the one I noticed first, last night.

We've already had the vet visit, and I've got some ointment to put in his eyes 3-4 times a day (which he is just going to love).

I'm also waiting to get a urine sample, since he's been licking a patch on his belly bald for a little while. Its probably nothing other than him being a little compulsive, but I wanted to rule out UTIs just in case.

But my little guy is a real champ - the vet tech said she wished all cats were so well-behaved! He got a little treat for being good while they messed with his eyes and such today.

He should be fine in a few days, but if you guys could send some vibes that his eyes clear up soon, and that his urinalysis comes back negative, we would appreciate it! Thanks!

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Poor Billy .......... sending quick recover vibes and no UTI vibes for your little sweet guy

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

Poor Billy .......... sending quick recover vibes and no UTI vibes for your little sweet guy
I second Pami's message....
Billy

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sandtigress

Poor Billy has another case of conjunctivitis, this time in both of his eyes. His left eye has acted up twice so far, but this time, his right is the worst and the one I noticed first, last night.

We've already had the vet visit, and I've got some ointment to put in his eyes 3-4 times a day (which he is just going to love).

I'm also waiting to get a urine sample, since he's been licking a patch on his belly bald for a little while. Its probably nothing other than him being a little compulsive, but I wanted to rule out UTIs just in case.

But my little guy is a real champ - the vet tech said she wished all cats were so well-behaved! He got a little treat for being good while they messed with his eyes and such today.

He should be fine in a few days, but if you guys could send some vibes that his eyes clear up soon, and that his urinalysis comes back negative, we would appreciate it! Thanks!
Poor little guy. He is a real champ!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sandtigress

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the vibes guys! I just got home, and his eye looks terrible tonight. :-( Really weepy and squinty. Breaks my heart, even though I know he'll get better soon! Keep them coming, we appreciate it!

sandtigress

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks guys! Just got back from dropping off this morning's urine sample at the vet's - he says it looks pretty good, but there is a trace of bacteria there. It could be from the litter box, but just to make sure, I'll bring him in tomorrow morning and we'll try to get a sample straight from his bladder. Poor guy was locked in the bathroom all morning until he peed so I could bring in a sample - he was not happy at all when I came home for lunch.

His eyes are looking better now, not as irritated as last night. And he's such a little love - I've been grabbing him to medicate him for two days now, and he still comes when I call him, and purrs when I hold him.
Not to mention I can medicate both his eyes all by myself, and without having to cat-burrito him first! He's such a good boy!

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awwww he does sound like hes a sweetheart........ Im glad to hear his eyes are on the mend, continued vibes for his his eyes and more vibes that his bladder issues will be ok

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Since he's having recurring eye problems, you might want to have him tested for feline herpes. Conjunctivitis is a common manifestation of the herpes virus. You might ask your vet for the real PCR test to find out if this is what you're dealing with.

sandtigress

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by stephanietx

Since he's having recurring eye problems, you might want to have him tested for feline herpes. Conjunctivitis is a common manifestation of the herpes virus. You might ask your vet for the real PCR test to find out if this is what you're dealing with.
We've talked about it being herpes, but they're not convinced he has it just yet. He doesn't have any other symptoms that they're looking for.

Had to drop off Billy this morning at the vets' so they could try to get a urine sample straight from him. I hate leaving my babies at the vets' while I have to go to work....

On the plus side, his eyes are looking pretty good now, but I'll keep up with the antibiotics for a few more days just to make sure. Not nearly as red and weepy as they were before, so that's great.

Thanks for the vibes and well-wishes guys, we appreciate it!

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I hope that Billy's eyes continue to improve that that his UA is clear.

Sending powerful TCS healing vibes to your precious Billy.

sandtigress

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks! They called to say that they got a sample from him right before I was going to leave for work, so Billy got to go home early today after all!
They're going to call me with the results as soon as they can get someone to look at them.

Thank you all again for the vibes and prayers!

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am sure that Billy is thrilled to be home.

Major clear UA vibes on the way.
Billy

sandtigress

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just an update - Billy's eyes have cleared up and look great again! Plus, the urinalysis came back, and its clear.

There's still a possibility that its cystitis that's causing him to lick his belly bare, but I see no symptoms of it - I think he's just over-grooming and being the neurotic little kitty that he is

So thanks for the vibes guys! Billy and I appreciate it!

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A clear UA is really hopeful.

It sounds like your boy is doing really well.
Keep it up Billy