We're coming to America!!!!!!

jessy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just for a holiday - for 7 days, but I'm really excited as I've never been "accross the pond" before!

We're going to Orlando - staying on International drive - so I guess we'll be doing all the parks? I want to go SHOPPING!
Anyone got anywhere we must go to?
Jess

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You HAVE to go to Old Town!

There are sooooooooo many shops there!

I think you'll enjoy it!

If I wasn't so far away we could arrange a meet up but I'm on the other coast

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jessy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Coooool, cat shows, shopping, sounds good so far

Any food I should try that you know we don't have in the UK?
Don't you have huge pretzels?

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jessy

If you're going to Disney, I'm sure they have giant pretzels.
Wet 'N Wild was tons of fun when I went there years ago. It's on International Drive, so I think you're obligated!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you want to pm me the dates you will be here, I'll search and see if there is a close by cat show for you.

erzsebet

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
You should hit up both Disney AND Islands of Adventure if you can. Universal Studios is one of my favorite places in Orlando. For good shopping there is an Outlet Mall close to International Drive that has great namebrand things (like Coach, Prada, etc) for cheap!!!
AND Definitely do one of the dinner shows (like Medieval Times, Arabian Knights, etc) OR see Cirque de soliel also!!!!!!!!!
HAVE FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Some of my best vacation memories as a kid were when we went down to Florida with my relatives from Philly (twice). Those were great times. We went to Disney and Medieval Times (which was so cool), raced go carts, went to Gatorland USA and did a lot of other things.

Have a safe and awesome trip.

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you love the parks, I would definitely check out Universal and Islands of Adventure. We went last year and LOVED Islands of Adventure. There's so many rides there, and different themed sections of the park. Dr. Seuss land was my favorite.

Also, it's a little expensive, but Discovery Cove is awesome if you love marine life. You can swim in a lagoon filled with tropical fish, wade with stingrays, or snorkel in a lagoon (just water, no fish.) Also, more money, you can swim with a dolphin for 30 minutes. I absolutely loved it. And if you like marine life, but don't have the money for Discovery Cove, Sea World is always fun. I love it there!

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jessy

I lived in FL and I think there are some southern dishes you should try. From FL, key lime pie. Also, go to see an orange grove if you can and have some fresh juice.

For other Southern dishes. grits and buttermilk biscuits with gravy in the morning. Collard greens and anything with okra. Also, rice and beans. Besides the key lime pie, there is nothing like a true sweet potato pie or a great pecan pie. Oh, and catfish, too.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by sillyitiliangrl

If your going to Disney, make sure you have a turkey leg
Originally Posted by butzie

From FL, key lime pie.
Those, along with the foot long hot dogs at Disney

Your going to be exhausted fitting everything in in 7 days though. I've been several times for two week visits and it can be quite tiring

The shopping is fab though!. We went to Belz and spent a fortune!

http://www.belz.com/oldwebsite/facto...ndo/index.html